Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Tyre Is Best For T Sport?

teekay523

Hi i'm looking to buy a new set of tyres, previously had the eagle F1 but can't find any anymore. kinda in a dilema between the Toyo T1R or the Dunlop SP Fast Response. can anyone give me any advice on what to get?

TK

I'd go with what the manufacturer recommends. I've got GoodYears on mine.

Its not a formula 1 car so any half decent tyre will do (By that i mean no cheap ****).

I had a YTS years ago, i tried a few. Eagle F1 they were good but a bit too expensive, I settled on using Pirell P6000 IIRC and they were good in the wet, dry and lasted 20k.

Toyo's wont last too long and you usually have to blow them up quite a bit, but they do stick to the road.

I tend to look at websites such as ADAC.de, tyretest.com and the reviews on mytyres.co.uk for information when choosing tyres. ADAC in particular carry out a comprehensive range of tests and rank the tyres based on performance in the dry, wet, snow/ice (for M&S tyres), noise, wear etc....

I think ADAC rated the Pirelli Cinturato P6 as the best summer tyre and the Vredestein Snowtrac 3 (M&S tyre) as the best winter tyre, last year.

Following on from this. The T-Sport has 185 55 15, I've seen a couple comments about people fitting 195 50 15s. Anyone done this?

Would mean I'd be able to get some Uniroyal RainSport 2s :thumbsup:

Following on from this. The T-Sport has 185 55 15, I've seen a couple comments about people fitting 195 50 15s. Anyone done this?

Would mean I'd be able to get some Uniroyal RainSport 2s :thumbsup:

My SR has 195/50/15 as standard and you can fit those tyres to the T-Sport rims with no problems.

Little bit bigger and slightly lower profile but look so much better i think. :thumbsup:

Have just fitted 195/50/15 on mine Bridgestone ER300's £50 each fitted etc! I asked about the rainsports when I got the ER300's and the guy in my local National tyre said he had not seen them in years!!

My local national tyre does great prices on tyres its in Bishops Stortford...next to Stansted Airport if anyone is interested!

I have found the tyres great so far.....Have had 4 put on now....but be aware some garages will NOT fit 195/50 and 185/55 on different axles i.e front and back so may well be forced to get all 4 done!

THey have performed very well in the rain and are super grippy in the dry....always wanting to turn in faster and harder by the feel of it!

Any questions ask away

Nick

And there's definately no problem with the 195s going on the rims? I don't want the insurance company to have any issue in the event of any accident.

Have you all been informing them that you are running different size tyres?

One garage told me the same Nick, but they obviously are still around and being widely used.

Interesting regarding the insurance company........I do wonder what it would be classed as, Surely its not a modification?

The 195's go on the rim fine....the guys in the garage said nothing about them...just wondered why I was doing it, I told them to check the price of the 185/55 and they said no more!!

Nick

you shouldn't have any problems with the insurance.

The 195/50/R15 size is listed as an "alternative tyre size" in the owners manual.

you shouldn't have any problems with the insurance.

The 195/50/R15 size is listed as an "alternative tyre size" in the owners manual.

Oh, good call.

Do you know which page, will check it out when I'm home later.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to ordering my 195/50 15s this morning. Went for Uniroyal RainSport 2, set of 4 for £195 from www.tyre-shopper.co.uk which is in the National Tyres group, they were £10 cheaper than Blackcircles.

• 2 weeks later...

The tyres are now fitted. Must say I'm impressed so far.

Thought something was wrong with the engine as I could hear it louder than before. Took me 3 or 4 journeys to work out the reason........it was because I COULDN'T hear the road noise from the tyres! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I've always replaced my t-sport tyres with the standard issue Bridgestone Potenza RE040s. They're really expensive though so I'm looking for another quality alternative. The Potenzas have a really stiff sidewall - does anyone know of any alternatives with the same characteristics?

I am afraid Uniroyal RainSport 2 in 195/50 15s are the only obvious choice, works out quite cheap and almost half the cost of the benchmark that is the Eagle F1's