Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Dog Guard

jibbbbbb

hi there ,, i am hopeing chatman is about cause i remember him buying one of these and has the same model rav as me will this fit my car ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-RAV-4-FULL-HEIGHT-DOG-GUARD-/270610552848?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f01a55810

or if any one else can say yes or no before i bid on it many thanks

Not sure about that - the one I picked up off fleabay yesterday for my 02 plate 5dr is a different shape - that looks more like the ones for 06 onwards...

We picked up our 'new' Rav4 on Friday and having two mucky spaniels obtaining a guard was a priority (the boot liner arrives later this week...)

However...the one I've got although right for the car has been an absolute B********* to fit - not helped by the fact that the telescopic arms were a bit seized and the fact that the plastic trim around the recesses where said arms go is made from something slightly less robust than eggshell :-/ Also as it's a 2nd/3rd hander and the previous owner had never used it I've got no idea where/how the floor bolts etc should be fitted so if anyone has one and can take a few piccies??? In the mean time I've heath-robinsoned some load straps underneath the rear seats to pull the bottom of the guard forward and down to stop the lugs popping out.

So... the point to the rant above? Although once fitted the Toyota guards are very robust and high quality I would not really say they're easy to fit (without damaging the plastic liners in the roof) and not something you can easily remove/refit in the event you need to put something large in the car e.g. washing mashine etc...

hi there ,, i am hopeing chatman is about cause i remember him buying one of these and has the same model rav as me will this fit my car ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3f01a55810

or if any one else can say yes or no before i bid on it many thanks

Hiya mate...:D:D mine was different from this one... in theory it is a big net that hast a bar across the top and fits into the holes in the roof of the RAV lining. then a strap that hooks onto the bottom ring fixings and is pulled tight... Does a good job of keeping my Labrador in the back...he just likes to like the back window now :drool::drool::drool:

That one your showing looks like it has a frame around the edges and secures in the back..... Still do the job though....but mine is easier to store being a foldaway one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure about that - the one I picked up off fleabay yesterday for my 02 plate 5dr is a different shape - that looks more like the ones for 06 onwards...

We picked up our 'new' Rav4 on Friday and having two mucky spaniels obtaining a guard was a priority (the boot liner arrives later this week...)

However...the one I've got although right for the car has been an absolute B********* to fit - not helped by the fact that the telescopic arms were a bit seized and the fact that the plastic trim around the recesses where said arms go is made from something slightly less robust than eggshell :-/ Also as it's a 2nd/3rd hander and the previous owner had never used it I've got no idea where/how the floor bolts etc should be fitted so if anyone has one and can take a few piccies??? In the mean time I've heath-robinsoned some load straps underneath the rear seats to pull the bottom of the guard forward and down to stop the lugs popping out.

So... the point to the rant above? Although once fitted the Toyota guards are very robust and high quality I would not really say they're easy to fit (without damaging the plastic liners in the roof) and not something you can easily remove/refit in the event you need to put something large in the car e.g. washing mashine etc...

The one on eBay is "full height" but there is a full sized one with the mesh extending to the floor. If there's a chance that your dog is a chewer, then there is no protection for the lower parts of the back seat. Still a good price though. But it looks like 06 onwards.

I have the full sized one fitted (57 plate). In answer to Chud, and what the picture doesn't show, is that there for the OEM one, there should be two plastic bits with the super strong adhesive which get stuck onto either floor arch behind the seats. The bolts then go through the bolt holes at the bottom of the guard and through the plastic bits to essentially hold the guard to the floor. (Even with the OEM parts, the bolts do seem to be a bit short. Even after the Toyota delaer fitted it, the bolts fell out after a bit). So make sure you get all the bits - guard, bolts and fixtures.

Once it's all setup though, it is very easy to fit/ remove the OEM one. It slots into two holders moulded into the roof, and the bolts at the bottom are screwed in by a hand wheel - so rotate to tighten/ loosen (I'd get longer bolts though).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links