Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 D4D Timming Belt

baz1631

regarding the timming belt/chain on a 2002 rav D4D gx,I read somewhere that the 2002 d4d had a timming chain,not a belt, but after reading Anchormans post on technical issue. (pinned)I notice that he was working on a timming BELT!.Ihave the CLA21(W) variant, and now im confused as to whether its a belt or chain.Can anybody enlighten me on this matter?(I,m gettin, older and get confused quicker. lol :help: Thanks. P.S. the combined knowledge of rav4 on this site must be worth millions!

regarding the timming belt/chain on a 2002 rav D4D gx,I read somewhere that the 2002 d4d had a timming chain,not a belt, but after reading Anchormans post on technical issue. (pinned)I notice that he was working on a timming BELT!.Ihave the CLA21(W) variant, and now im confused as to whether its a belt or chain.Can anybody enlighten me on this matter?(I,m gettin, older and get confused quicker. lol :help: Thanks. P.S. the combined knowledge of rav4 on this site must be worth millions!

Aha...."combined knowledge must be worth millions", eh? Now maybe you can all see why I like to throw in my tuppenceworth.

What's that as a percentage?

Big Kev :lol:

Diesels have belts, petrols have chains.

Diesels have belts, petrols have chains.

Thanks Anch., knew I'd get the answer in here! quick question: last change of belt not known, done 85k. now engine sounds and runs fine, when would u recomend renewing t/belt?

If you can't be sure it has ever had one - now, as a matter of urgency.

Dear baz in Oban - its well clear that yer no living in Glasgow. The word is TIMING belt. Timming has relijus conotations at this time of year :lol:

Dear baz in Oban - its well clear that yer no living in Glasgow. The word is TIMING belt. Timming has relijus conotations at this time of year :lol:

dear "bothy", you wouldn't happen tae be a weegie fae brigton widye? :huh: