Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis (1.8Gs 1998) Motorised Door Mirror

Jemmo

Some thieving little !Removed! made off with my door mirror glass in the night - not smashed, but carefully removed and the spade terminals disconnected. So I need the glass, but from what is in the casing it looks like the glass must sit on a plate that pivots on a central ball. Anyone have any ideas of exactly what the mirror glass fits onto, and whether this comes as part of the glass, or casing?

Just how easy is it to get the mirror glass and 'plate' out in one piece and does this require a special tool?

Some thieving little !Removed! made off with my door mirror glass in the night - not smashed, but carefully removed and the spade terminals disconnected. So I need the glass, but from what is in the casing it looks like the glass must sit on a plate that pivots on a central ball. Anyone have any ideas of exactly what the mirror glass fits onto, and whether this comes as part of the glass, or casing?

Just how easy is it to get the mirror glass and 'plate' out in one piece and does this require a special tool?

I remember once the same happened to me on my vauxhaul frontera "manual movement" if i recall that had a round disc with heater wires ect in the center of the housing, on a closer look i could see four tiny double sided sticky tabs which i assumed the mirrored glass was held in place with. Went to network Q to ask if they had the mirror peice to refit back into the housing, had to order it when it arrived i got four sticky bits included in the replacement kit, it was just a matter of putting the sticky pads on the round disc in the housing and affixing the mirrored glass. Maybe Mr T has the glass in stock and can be replaced as above mentioned, vauxhall fix cost around £15.00.

I remember once the same happened to me on my vauxhaul frontera "manual movement" if i recall that had a round disc with heater wires ect in the center of the housing, on a closer look i could see four tiny double sided sticky tabs which i assumed the mirrored glass was held in place with. Went to network Q to ask if they had the mirror peice to refit back into the housing, had to order it when it arrived i got four sticky bits included in the replacement kit, it was just a matter of putting the sticky pads on the round disc in the housing and affixing the mirrored glass. Maybe Mr T has the glass in stock and can be replaced as above mentioned, vauxhall fix cost around £15.00.

I believe I need more than just the glass though. Looks like there should be something that the morror glass attaches to - but I'm not sure exactly what (is missing).

Pic attached;

post-58842-128014811739_thumb.jpg

I believe I need more than just the glass though. Looks like there should be something that the morror glass attaches to - but I'm not sure exactly what (is missing).

Pic attached;

Looking at your attached pic i would also think something is missing, i see nothing that is machanical to move the mirrored glass pehaps that was attached to the glass itself and was taken too. Sorry can not help you further but hope you get it sorted.