Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris & Buying Advice

s0cks

Hey guys,

Been reading the forum trying to get some info on the Yaris overall. I am 18 years of age (soon to be 19). I've had a few options come up:

- Yaris 1.3SR

- Yaris T-Sport

- Peugeot 206 1.4i 16v

- Citroen Saxo 1.4i VSX

- Seat Leon 1.6 16v S

- Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 16v SRi

- Ford Fiesta 1.4i Ghia

Now I already have a 1992 Fiesta, and tbh I don't wnat another one. Never want a Vauxhall, so I crossed that off. The rest are still considerable. French cars tend to have reliability issues, which the Yaris will probably never have, and the Seat is more expensive to insure.

Now, I was going to go for the Yaris 1.3SR as I couldn't get any insurance firms to quote me online for the T Sport, so it was probably gonna be lotsa bucks. However, out of luck I just happened to stumble on a company who gave me an incredibly reasonable rate on the T-Sport (lower than Tesco on the 1.3SR!!).

So all I have to do now is save for the insurance, and get a loan to buy the car.

Any general tips on what to look out for when buying a Yaris T-Sport would be very helpful and much appreciated.

I don't plan to mod the car, mainly for insurance reasons, and the only thing I hope to do is get some new alloys for the car (15inch being a bit small). I did see a nice pic of a Black Yaris with 17's on this post. So I hope to also get 17's. I'm impressed how good it looks (those gold alloys) when its not even lowered (although T-Sport is 20m lower than other models I think).

Also was browsing and found these 18-spoke 17's. Thought I'd see what they'd look like so here's a pic I did in PSP:

yar_ga_21_im_after.jpg

What do you think?

I also like the ones on this blue yaris in the top left hand corner:

http://www.digimods.co.uk/images/Virtualca...toyotayaris.jpg

Anyone know what those wheels are? They look to be 20 spoke, and probably 17 inch.

Thanks everyone.

been told that mine is french, no probs, had it almost a year

Leave it standard why ruin a perfectly good car. The alloys its got are nice and don't stick pits of plastic over the lights to makes it look like a saxo or clio.

WHY???

Sorry. Was that a joke? I really worry about some of the people on this forum and can see why so many of the old guys have left.

Leave it standard why ruin a perfectly good car. The alloys its got are nice and don't stick pits of plastic over the lights to makes it look like a saxo or clio.

WHY???

Sorry. Was that a joke? I really worry about some of the people on this forum and can see why so many of the old guys have left.

I don't know whether you can read but I did state I wasn't going to do anything to the car but add nicer alloys.

The alloys it comes with are nice, but I'd like something nicer.

Sorry if this upsets you.

The insurance quote for the 1.3 is around £200 cheaper. I'm sure if I get the 1.3 I'll regret not getting the 1.5, I just know it.

get the t-sport ive got a 1.0l and i want a t-sport but the insurance is about £400 different so i'll wait til im 18 then get one then, but get it ur better off because its modifyed already lower springs, bodykit, fogs, sports interior, few shiny bits, discs all round chrome exhaust etc.

the choice is yours

Socks

What insurance company did u stumble across to get the Tsport less than tescos 1.3sr.

Im interested cos im just about to give tesco £595 for my SR (22year old, no accidents or points)

Cheers

Socks

What insurance company did u stumble across to get the Tsport less than tescos 1.3sr.

Im interested cos im just about to give tesco £595 for my SR (22year old, no accidents or points)

Cheers

Well I'm 18 with 0 no claims so you can imangine my insurance:

Tesco 1.3SR: £1640

Admiral 1.5 T-Sport: £1150 (with my dad as second driver)

Not bad eh? At 22 years old I'd shop around a lot more. Try places like Budget, esure, egg, etc...

BTW,

Are the front fogs on the TSport actually fog lights or driving lights? Just so I know whether I'll be able to drive around with em on at night or night.

Hate people who leave fog lights on at night when its not foggy, just cus they tink it makes the car look sportier. Wonder if they know its illegal?

That Admiral Quote.

you sure that they are not quoting your Dad as a main driver. I ask this cos ive just phoned them up and they want £1245 for my SR- not particularly a good quite :(

That Admiral Quote.

you sure that they are not quoting your Dad as a main driver. I ask this cos ive just phoned them up and they want £1245 for my SR- not particularly a good quite :(

Positive, try an online quote.

On my own it was £1704 (12mnth plan), and £1530 (10mnth plan).

Remember if you buy online I think it includes a 5-10% discount that you won't get over the phone.

I guess it may also be your area, or that you keep it on the street?

But I was deffiently quoted £1150 for my dad as second driver.. all I had to do was click Buy Online!

Ah yes here is wot it says:

- This price includes a 10% discount which is available only if you pay by credit card

WHY???

what ya tryin to say!

the yaris isnt a PERFECTLY good car

its just a good one!

and im makin it perfect!

It's all about being individualistic...(phew, long word)

If u dont like what peolpe are doing to their cars, p :censor: s off!

People have been modifying and enhancing a range of things froms standard. Without out modifications we'd be stuck in the ice age.

Talking of ice age, it's snowing. Better sled down 2 Toyota for a service then.....

:blink: