Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help From Anyone Who Has Painted There Dashboard Surrounds Same Colour

viper262

My mate has painted my Speedo housing black so far but it doesn't look anything like you guys all nice and shiny so im wondering whether its the paint i bought him which is the same colour by toyota bought it from a dealer or the laquer

or the wrong type of paint to stick to the surface of the plastic all i know is I wanted this:

2009108.jpg

Instead i got this:

photo028n.jpg

photo030cu.jpg

photo029jf.jpg]

If anyone can help i would be really appreciative :D

hiya mate, top photo is my car :) could do with knowing what paint u used ? i did laquer mine but used plasti-kote gloss black, only thing i can think of is if u used a matt black paint ?

Toyota Own Spray paint from the Dealership and Toyota Own Laquer specifically for my Colour Black (211)

I would use primr and sand each layer with 2400 grit then same with colour then a coat of clear laquer to get the effect but that's the way that I would of done it

right so i need to get some primer ok what about the paint itself it seems its crap :| also would i need to buy new parts since they have already been painted black once or could i use paint stripper and start again?

Yeh get the paint off and start again.

Nice three or four layers of primer, then four coats of paint, and seven coats of lacquer, that's what I have done with anything I paint on interiors.

I once made a grill using the same technique;

DSC01302.jpg

I have also painted parts in a prelude, just to give you the idea of what it looks like with so much lacquer;

IMG_1386.jpg

Right im off to Halfords 2moro so i need to buy some black primer and some plasti-kote gloss black if i can find any so 4 layers of primer and sand then four coats of coat and then seven coats of laquer and then sand ok i got all that :) ill go to Halfords 2moro

you might get the plasti-kote in B&Q :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links