Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E12 1.4 Engine

Decy

Hello every1 from Latvia. I'm lucky owner of corolla e12 2006 year, but it has 1.4 engine, so i want to modify it. Don't want any turbo-kits, but thinking about making it 1.6 or 1.7 if possible and needed. So can i use 1.6 camshaft and pistons or tuned will be needed? And how much hp is possible to get without making it 402m-car? If some1 knows, help me please, coz there is no much information about corolla here in Latvia. And sorry for my english:)

From what I have heard, the 1ZZ 2ZZ and 3ZZ all use the same block but with different rods and pistons which is what gives them different displacements.

You can use 2ZZ rods and pistons to alter the displacement to a 1.8 but I don't know about cams. You are better off buying a bigger engine such as the 2ZZ-GE with VVTLi "Lift" which had 190BHP standard and 200BHP with a filter and exhaust.

Hi. I have a 1.4 engine too. I bought the pistons, the connecting rods and the crank-shaft of a 1zzfe engine.

Replaced them with mine, and now the engine is 1.8 liters.

I have also replaced the throttle body and the intake manifold with the ones of a 1zzfe.

Result: 142 bhp and 18,6 kilograms of torque.

I did not even have to declare it as the engine body remains the same and has the 4zzfe code written on it.

No re-programming needed. Car works just fine with a huge amount of torque from the low revs.

• Like 1

Hi. I have a 1.4 engine too. I bought the pistons, the connecting rods and the crank-shaft of a 1zzfe engine.

Replaced them with mine, and now the engine is 1.8 liters.

I have also replaced the throttle body and the intake manifold with the ones of a 1zzfe.

Result: 142 bhp and 18,6 kilograms of torque.

I did not even have to declare it as the engine body remains the same and has the 4zzfe code written on it.

No re-programming needed. Car works just fine with a huge amount of torque from the low revs.

Oh, very nice work m8)) And what's your 0-100 time now? And liters per 100 km?

Think i need to do the same:)

I have not tried a 0-100 to be honest, but I am expecting it to be a little above 8 seconds.

As regards the fuel economy, especially during trips in the highway, if you drive it normally the car consumes far less fuel, since it is more powerful and can overcome the air resistance more easily.

If you drive it hard, it is logical to consume more than a 1.4 liter...

So i can take parts from celica 1.8, much easier to find then mr2 here:) Will start looking for them next months:) Or is it better to buy new parts? Maybe u know any e-shop that have shipping in europe so i can take a look at the price?

I got them brand new from a TOYOTA dealer here in Greece just to be 100% safe and i)not to fear that the used ones might be faulty and ii) to know that I made a full good rebuilt of my engine starting from zero kilometers. However, you can find used ones in better prices and check them for any faults before installing them. It's up to you.

I am an administrator in www.corollaclub.com (the corolla club in Greece) and we have 15% discount from some dealers we are cooperating with, so even if I got the parts brand new, I got them in very good prices.

I believe the celica and Mr2 1zzfe parts are the same. They have the same codes I think.