Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camry Stallilng

femaledriver

my daughters 93 toyota has a 94 motor in it..my daughter ran it out of oil, so we replaced the motor with the 94...ran good, except for it hesitated a bit when you first started it, felt bogged down...but would drive fine after the initial start...after about 1 month it would drive fine, then just lose power. Would start fine, and idle fine, and drive fine but would lose power and go about 5 miles per hour, wouldn't die immediately but eventually..HELP>. we changed the fuel filter, the ignition coil,and had the fuel pump checked..showed it was fine...I'm going crazy on this car...

What it's doing is going into "Limp Mode" which is where it has a problem serious enough for the ECU to reduce the engines performance. It stops you from revving above a certain RPM to stop further damage.

Run a fault diagnostics in the OBD II port and see what codes you read off, it should reveal some more about what is wrong with the engine.

Check to see if any vacuum hoses are disconnected around the engine.

It could be any number of engine faults.... :unsure: