Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

20,000 Service Cost

AygoIronman

Guys!

I went and phoned Mr T for a 20,000 service. They srvice guy told me it was going to be £261! Mentioned about other members on here,and he did say the service is from £150 but they also chnage filters, AND do a brake fluid change!

Wasnt really convinced so phonbed another Mr T garage, and a the service woman said the same thing! £261!! :wacko:

Heeeeeeeeeelp!! lol

Guys!

I went and phoned Mr T for a 20,000 service. They srvice guy told me it was going to be £261! Mentioned about other members on here,and he did say the service is from £150 but they also chnage filters, AND do a brake fluid change!

Wasnt really convinced so phonbed another Mr T garage, and a the service woman said the same thing! £261!! :wacko:

Heeeeeeeeeelp!! lol

We've been quoted £ 165.

Free servicing for me 261 seems abit steep if you ask me

Bit steep? Have to say its a God dam rip off! lol. I m goimg to phone another 2 garages, tomorrow. I m going to call one garage outside Edinburgh to see if theres any difference.

Guys!

Heeeeeeeeeelp!! lol

We've been quoted £ 165.

Hey,

Can you pass me yout Mr T details. The garage name, and address. If it does cost £261, I intend to complain to Mr T

Mr T is never off the phone to me as my aygo black is due its service as it has only done 10,000 miles in 3yrs am wondering if its really nessesary at this stage fortunetly i have a amazin local garage rite at my doorstep in sunny paisley as i wd never dream of taking my little bit of gargo to Mr Toyota

Mr T is never off the phone to me as my aygo black is due its service as it has only done 10,000 miles in 3yrs am wondering if its really nessesary at this stage fortunetly i have a amazin local garage rite at my doorstep in sunny paisley as i wd never dream of taking my little bit of gargo to Mr Toyota

Oh? Doesnt going to another garage other than Toyota, invalids your warranty?

i have never heard of that happing toyota cant hold a gun to ur head and tell u to go u have a rite as a consumer to get ur cars serviced wherever u wish the good garage sceheme lists hundreds of fantastic garages in the area u live in

Basic cost for a larger service is about £160.

There may be a pollen filter which Mr T charges about £65 for. To you it costs about £11, it's easy to DIY and takes about 30 seconds - a nice earner for Mr T. Brake fluid change will be about £40 - total about £265.

Guys!

Heeeeeeeeeelp!! lol

We've been quoted £ 165.

Still no chance of your garage details then? :yes:

For motorists, garages and parts suppliers Including: Car Servicing during the warranty period and beyond

Parts Supply and Parts Quality

In October 2003 European Union legislation affecting the motor trade came into force. Its full title is 'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002' (in short 'BER').

This legislation changes the way cars may be serviced and repaired and gives motorists a lot more freedom in their decision as to who should look after their cars.

Before BER, it was difficult to have cars, which were still covered by the manufacturer's warranty, serviced anywhere except a franchised dealer.

Now motorists can use any garage of their choice to service their cars without invalidating the manufacturer's warranty. *

* Subject to certain conditions

For motorists, garages and parts suppliers Including: Car Servicing during the warranty period and beyond

In October 2003 European Union legislation affecting the motor trade came into force. Its full title is 'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002' (in short 'BER').

This legislation changes the way cars may be serviced and repaired and gives motorists a lot more freedom in their decision as to who should look after their cars.

Before BER, it was difficult to have cars, which were still covered by the manufacturer's warranty, serviced anywhere except a franchised dealer.

Now motorists can use any garage of their choice to service their cars without invalidating the manufacturer's warranty. *

Thank you, thank you Tinsnail for your reply. Most educational, and have learned lots on this block exemption. I ve never really trusted other garages. I ve had a bad experience with Kwik Fit who made a botch answer for a leaking radiator, a Halfords garage mechanic who managed to break the threads on my Renault 5 engine. Ill in future will neet to find a garage I can trust.

Wonder what AygoYugo garage address is? Must be a seceret lol

Thank you, thank you Tinsnail for your reply. Most educational, and have learned lots on this block exemption. I ve never really trusted other garages. I ve had a bad experience with Kwik Fit who made a botch answer for a leaking radiator, a Halfords garage mechanic who managed to break the threads on my Renault 5 engine. Ill in future will neet to find a garage I can trust.

Wonder what AygoYugo garage address is? Must be a seceret lol

Pleased it was of some help, On the subject of finding a garage that you can have faith and trust in, word of mouth from family or friends is a good way, otherwise may i recommend The Good Garage Scheme to try, the garage we use operates under this scheme and offers first class customer service, great communication and procedures with an hourly labour rate of £55.

Wheather its a friend, an independent or a franchise dealer who services your car, it needs to be performed correctly and by someone who cares. toast.gif

http://www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk/

the non franchised garage serving a car must use original toyota parts and carry out servicing to schedule laid down by toyota

so any invoice should show these reguimets have been met should you need to make a claim on your warranty.

the garage must be VAT registered. so you need to keep safe all paperwork.

this is is european law and no car maker can wriggle out of meeting a warranty by claiming car not being seviced

at a franchised toyota dealers.

I had my aygo 2nd year serviced in May, they initially started at £190, I then reminded them it's a 1.0 Aygo not a Audi A4, the stealer then said it could do it for £160. I was very surprised by the £30 drop and during my silience they offered a bottom price of £150.

Haggle is the name of the game, remind them the reason you got the car in the first place was to save money and not spend the savings on servicing.

I went into Homebase to look at some garden furniture, a member of staff asked if we were interested in a £1400 item, I replied yes but I can get it considerably cheaper on the net, they instantly offered 20% off no sale just offered a discount.

Good look, try and get a quote off a good local garage and use it as leverage to get the stealer's price down.

Remember, Under european law if you get a local vat registered garage to service your car still retains it's warranty

Please let us know which Audi dealer will service an A4 for £190!

Folks! I got me car back today. Official cost was £249! I could have save more. The garage put £12 for an extra bottle of oil, £3 for washer juice, and top up, and little bits, and pieces.

Odd though as I think I got my car back with out my original tyres! Am I being paranoid? Noticed my wheels didnt have all the Wax Oil black was I sprayed over them. Also different tyre weights,a nd looks the the treads are shallower. Dont think these are my wheels!

Bit steep? Have to say its a God dam rip off! lol. I m goimg to phone another 2 garages, tomorrow. I m going to call one garage outside Edinburgh to see if theres any difference.

My car is going in for the 20k in a few weeks, I have quote of £161 all in, garage is not that far from Edinburgh. Border Toyota, just down the A68. They won some Ichenaban (sp?) award a few years ago.

Folks! I got me car back today. Official cost was £249! I could have save more. The garage put £12 for an extra bottle of oil, £3 for washer juice, and top up, and little bits, and pieces.

Odd though as I think I got my car back with out my original tyres! Am I being paranoid? Noticed my wheels didnt have all the Wax Oil black was I sprayed over them. Also different tyre weights,a nd looks the the treads are shallower. Dont think these are my wheels!

What I meant was the garage mechanic at the back swopped my tyres for his!

My car is going in for the 20k in a few weeks, I have quote of £161 all in, garage is not that far from Edinburgh. Border Toyota, just down the A68. They won some Ichenaban (sp?) award a few years ago.

God! Let me know your Toyota garage address. I have to do some investigation, and then complain! This isnt fair!

God! Let me know your Toyota garage address. I have to do some investigation, and then complain! This isnt fair!

Hmmm, looks like they have won it a third year, apparently the group also did well! Contact details are on www.border.toyota.co.uk - check out St.Boswells and once you do, read the no 1 in UK link.

I paid £126 about 18 months ago for the 20k service. (servicing so far has been £90, £126, £96, £175 for 40k including plugs etc.). I have had some stupid prices most notably from our local PSA dealer who wanted more than £200 for the 10k service!

It is worth ringing around to get the best deal, you can either use this as leverage or, at 50mpg, drive to the cheaper garage for less than you would have paid elsewhere. As I have previously posted an another thread, if you can arrange a service for a saturday, make a day out of it, go for lunch somewhere with the money you've saved while you wait.

Regards, Neil

I had a bill of 740 for my wife's Suzuki alto last year 60k service to keep the book stamped although the vehicle had only done 23k!!!

Then we saw Mr T's ad for the Aygo, free servicing for 3 years, 3 years rfl and 5 yes warranty....

Bit of a no-brainer really so we are now a 2 Toyota family!!

i went in to my toyota garage yesterday and asked how much to get my aygo serviced and they said 136 pound for its 4th service on my 07 aygo i thought that was cheap its only done under 13.ooo miles .

i went in to my toyota garage yesterday and asked how much to get my aygo serviced and they said 136 pound for its 4th service on my 07 aygo i thought that was cheap its only done under 13.ooo miles .

Are you serious? Under 13,000 miles, and you`re on youre 4th service?

The Aygo only neds a service every 10k or so. So what service have you had done on your car then?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links