Do Not Sell My Personal Information

95 Corolla Gxi Speedo Not Working

GlenPF

As above, the speedo & mileometer is not working on my 95 Gxi, from the previous owner " its not worked for approx 12 months now". Is this mechanical or electrical (before I start removing the dashboard)? :thumbsup:

From what I have searched, i'm looking at a speed sensor change?

What should i be looking for? :huh: What does it look like & where is it?

Any Help would be apppreciated.

Glen.

As above, the speedo & mileometer is not working on my 95 Gxi, from the previous owner " its not worked for approx 12 months now". Is this mechanical or electrical (before I start removing the dashboard)? :thumbsup:

From what I have searched, i'm looking at a speed sensor change?

What should i be looking for? :huh: What does it look like & where is it?

Any Help would be apppreciated.

Glen.

Is the speed sensor on the gearbox? :huh:

Yes the speed sensor will be on the gearbox. If it is a cable then you may have a kink/snap in the cable, but if it is electrical with a sensor then you will have to replace the sensor. Either way what you are looking for is on the gearbox. :thumbsup:

Yes the speed sensor will be on the gearbox. If it is a cable then you may have a kink/snap in the cable, but if it is electrical with a sensor then you will have to replace the sensor. Either way what you are looking for is on the gearbox. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. :thumbsup: I think I know what i'm looking for... :huh: :)

No problem mate, it's what I'm here for. That and for membership discounts. :lol:

I hope you find it without too much trouble. You may just find a snapped wire or whatever so just keep an eye out for any abnormalities. :)

Found the culprit, just need to check power supply etc.

looks like its the sensor itself, power is going to & from the sensor to the clocks but its not sending a signal, if that make sense. Going scrapyard hunting.... :thumbsup:

How can I tell if a speed sensor, working or not? Is there a way of testing/checking it other than plug & play? :unsure:

You'd have to test the resistance, however I don't know what reading you should get from the ohmmeter

Ok then you are in business once you get the figures that you need to see. :D

Its all good, until the guy says he's snapped it taking it out. Have to find another now, worried about taking the old one out to! :crybaby:

wow what a nobber! :censor: Sorry to hear that, I'd have gone ballistic!!

Has he got another that you can have?

no, just a refund. The hunt continues. :rolleyes:

I would be very aware of the fact that is from USA, and they had different cars at the time so I doubt it would fit their spec.... :no:

I would be very aware of the fact that is from USA, and they had different cars at the time so I doubt it would fit their spec.... :no:

I did think that, although it does say the right model, engine but not g-box. Will try & find the toyota part number I need 1st I think. :yes:

Found a breaker who has a couple, just hope it fits & works!

part number 83181-12020 for future ref. :thumbsup:

£18 less in the pocket but fitted & working!!! Big thanks to Toyota Breakers Ltd in Bury, Manchester.