Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Protectors

forevered

having enquired about the price of headlamp protectors at 2 main dealers, and been quoted over 70 quid i think i will risk the headlamps being damaged. before i bought my auris i had a nissan almera and bought protective guards for about 30 quid from a nissan dealer, and couldnt believe the price for auris protectors. whats a new headlamp fitted for a auris 150 quid ?

has anyone else bought them ?

Yes - I've used headlight protectors on all bar two of our new cars (Mazda don't do them for our Mazda 2). Admittedly the Auris ones are expensive. They do look good and are secured by a type of bolt and clip arrangement - rather than just clipping over the headlight. Twice in the last ten years I've had headlight protectors shattered by stones thrown up by other vehicles. The last time it happened was on my 53 reg Mazda 323 in slow moving traffic in Birmingham city centre. A new pair of headlight protectors (£ 29) were far cheaper than a new headlight unit.

I wouldnt buy any because i tried to brake a rav 4 one once ,it had fallen apart inside so i replaced it at work,do you think i could brake that bugger the hammer just kept bouncing off!! :D

When headlamps where made of Glass it might have made some sense but with Polycarbonate lens, it is going to require one hell of a stone chip!!!

On my Mazda the headlight protectors were polycarbonate. On the occasion where I had a stone hit the protector, it holed the polycarbonate and cracked the protector right across on both sides of the hole. When the protector was replaced, the damaged one was almost in two halves.

It comes down to a personal choice. I like my Auris with the protectors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links