Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Styling Gen6 Celica

qballsatnav

i am the new proud owner of a 97reg celica, was completly buzzing thinking id finely got a decent car (nice little jap sports car 2 play wiv) untill i looked under the bonnet and saw the 7f ae engine found in most old toyota's then searched the web to come up wiv next 2 no tuning or styling parts available for this model surprising to say the new 1 looks crap compared. can any1 offer advice on were to go to get parts or simple or doable tricks for performance or styling, i am a mechanic wiv a fully loaded garage at my disposal but am not really in the no when it comes to what parts can be swaped from other toyotas or the best places to performance parts from any help wud b much appreciated. see u on the road any1 wana race! lol

hi ive also bought a celica gt in the last few weeks on a 1997 p:plate didnt know where to start so ive changed the cams to hks, 4-2-1 stainless manifold, hks full exhaust system, halo plugs,hks filter, on the rolling road made 189bhp ive now done the body work with a full gt4 front end an TRD skirts all round lowered on coilovers with 18in dish rims, in a few months im very pleased with it an fuel is ace. hope this helps a bit. ian

Hi, I've bought my second Celica now and had a strong think about how would I want to tune her up. Now you have to ask yourself certain questions like What kind of Power are you looking for and how much you willing to spend?

The Best Way I'd say is buy a Gen 5 GT4. Pick one up for £1500 - £2000 and think they come somewhat 238BHP.

If you want to keep your car and spend little, then I'd suggest things like Induction Kit, Exhaust, a good Service etc.....

You could also Change the engine in your car :P

£2500 - £3000 gets you a tidy st205 also , fit a manual boost controller for £25 and you can see 300 bhp , plus you get the looks with 4 wheel drive performance - insurance is also decent because its a 4x4 . end of !!!!

I was going to be selling my car after xmas and getting a GT4 but the Insurance is killing me. on my GT Import I'm forking out £127 a month :( and with the GT4 is going to be few extra £100 :(......

My Plan is after xmas going to Replace the Engine with a Beams engine which is 196BHP standard and it's still a 3SGE Engine for Insurance. I'm planning on getting a GT4 now till Insurance is down to at least £500 :P

I was going to be selling my car after xmas and getting a GT4 but the Insurance is killing me. on my GT Import I'm forking out £127 a month :( and with the GT4 is going to be few extra £100 :(......

My Plan is after xmas going to Replace the Engine with a Beams engine which is 196BHP standard and it's still a 3SGE Engine for Insurance. I'm planning on getting a GT4 now till Insurance is down to at least £500 :P

are you insuring the import as an import ? if you are thats just silly . and an insurance rip off

alot of companies now insure imports as uk models as they are completly the same motor car.

hi ive also bought a celica gt in the last few weeks on a 1997 p:plate didnt know where to start so ive changed the cams to hks, 4-2-1 stainless manifold, hks full exhaust system, halo plugs,hks filter, on the rolling road made 189bhp ive now done the body work with a full gt4 front end an TRD skirts all round lowered on coilovers with 18in dish rims, in a few months im very pleased with it an fuel is ace. hope this helps a bit. ian

im a big believer in giving any second hand car a thorough service, ian you spent a fair whack on the above bits and pieces and made a respectable 189bhp, considering these were 178bhp new theorectically you should be able to get somewhere near that figure through servicing, enhancing any modifications added on top, would have been handy to do a power run before modding, so you could see actual gains rather than just end result

You don't buy a ST if you want a performance car. But welcome to TOC. If you really want to you could put a Turbo on the 1.8 7A-FE, not easy though and for the effort you could put in a 3S-GE (or 3S-GTE) and play with that.

Also don't forget any engine mods will bump up your insurance, including fitting a beams engine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links