Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Condition Make Headache

s.illes79

What is the best way to clean the whole air-condition system? every time I use it makes my head ache( and all the other is the car.)

I already tried a this stuff: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_224996_langId_-1_categoryId_165632 without luck.

Also noticed a strange smell for the first 2-3min when it kicks in.

All of those sanitisers are very powerful, with most of them, you have to run the car for several minutes with nobody in the car to kill the bacteria, then you leave the car with the windows open to get rid of the excess smell, a bit like a solvent based smell although Im not sure it is solvent based, but in any case you should not breath in the fumes. Once the main smell has gone away you should be able to use the A/C without headaches! Try a different product if it continues?

Kingo :thumbsup;

Have not looked at your link but am assuming you have used the in car type.

Total waste of money they are I tried 3 or 4 of them myself.

I had this issue when I bought mine.

I used the type Toyota use to go into the airbox, the type with the long pipe on it you use it from under the car and it goes into a hole in the bulkhead.

Did not buy the one Toyota sell bought from somewhere else for less and it was twice the size.

Did the job for me.

well firstly have you changed the pollen filter located behind the glove box? that will do probably the biggest amount to get rid of bad smells from your air con. kwik fit do an air con system debug for £20 which i had done and was very sucessful.

well firstly have you changed the pollen filter located behind the glove box? that will do probably the biggest amount to get rid of bad smells from your air con. kwik fit do an air con system debug for £20 which i had done and was very sucessful.

I don't think it the pollen filter, it was changed recently. And than I would get headache any time when the fans running not just when AC is on.

I will try a different products and leave it for longer time.

You may also find that the air con system is drawing in fumes from the engine bay such as fuel, exhaust, oil and other fluids that vaporise in the heat as you drive.

Check for leaks and filth around the intake for the A/C.

I don't think it the pollen filter, it was changed recently. And than I would get headache any time when the fans running not just when AC is on.

I will try a different products and leave it for longer time.

Pollen filter helps but probably not the solution.

Go with the air con cleaner straight into the airbox works wonders.

Don't waste your money on anymore of those bombs for inside the car, total waste of time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links