Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Seats

-Ish

does anyone have a idea on removing the front seats or know how to do it? also if i do remove them and replace them with the leather version will all the airbags still work etc?

this is what i would do.....

disconnect Battery,

think its 4 bolts holding seat in place,

unplug electrics under seat and remove,

put seat back in,

connect electrics,

bolt in seat,

connect Battery :thumbsup:

Some seats and seat-belts use a red Locking Compound, Loctite Red will do. Just a couple of drops on the end of each bolt.

If you don't see a red/blue power on the threads then don't bother.

Make sure that you do them nice and tight :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Nice find I wouldn't mind leathers for mine!

If the seats have airbags in and your car doesn't you may find that the wiring for the airbags is tucked under the carpet taped up and you can just un tape it connect them and they work.

I think the airbags have yellow plugs.

Edited by Rob-D4D

Just another tip for you, after you have disconnected the Battery wait for at least 10 mins.

As most vehicles have capasitors that will hold electricity after the Battery is dissconnected and there is the chance that the airbag could still go off, causing damage to the seat and most likely braking a few of your bones too.

I dont know if you have heard an airbag go off but they are leathal when not controlled lol.

So you have experience!? :lol: :P ;)

Yeah but the airbag went off in the van next to the one is was working in, still it really scared the life out of me.

This is an example of what they can do:

Video

thanks for the advice guys, just curious about this Battery thing do i have to take it off as t hen im gonna have to rest my radio code if i can find it?

for info, the airbag system requires a hard reset (ie two bits of wire in the OBD port or one of those scanner things - i usually do the two bits of wire) only for a faulty component.

if it senses disconnections, once the connections are re-established it will re-test with the ignition and not require the use of a scanner/bits of wire.

I changed my seats over to the leather ones, i didnt disconnect the Battery didnt think there was any need to as the car was off, 4 bolts if i can remember correctly pulled them out put the new ones in and the front two plugged in with the connectors beneath the seat with no problems, rear ones was just bolting but nice and easy. Havent had any probs.

If you need any more help let me know.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links