Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locating Lowering Springs

alydee

HI peeps,

I contacted my local dealer in Northern Ireland. They have never heard of the availability of these springs and said i was more informed than they were. Whats my next best move. They did say that i could try down the South of Ireland for them but they might not be the same specification blah blah blah but that they would fit them for me if i could locate. Should i just wait until the UK know about them? or is it the same product? Thanks

Hi Alydee,

I'm currently awainting a phone call from Steve @ JCT (Hull) 01482 586733, he's been talking to Toyota about all of the TTE parts and should have more info today, I'll amend this post as soon as I know what's happening,

Steve appears to be the only Toyota parts guy in the UK who knows about the TTE parst, and is actually willing to try and help.:D

this is still confusing ... they just need to contact their Toyota office and ask for TTE item list... I cant believe that Toyota here is more organized and we sell exactly 20x less cars than Toyota Uk ;-)

Hi peeps,

The reason we can not buy the TTE springs in the UK yet is because they are being fine tuned for our roads!!!! I'm told it will be spring before they are available. The T-sport will be getting lowered suspension as standard from September and maybe 17inch wheels. I dout very much they will offer existing owners the upgrade cheap!!! Cheers.

John.

If it is just the springs you are after call demon tweeks on 01978 664474.They should deliver you a set for about £100, they can also advise you what is on offer for your car depending on your budget so you might be able to stretch to coilovers.:D

I've just recently returned from Graz, Austria where I was inquiring about installing the TTE lowering springs. I was quoted 500 € for the spings and installation which now seems to me to be extremely expensive. I was enraged, it cannot be that hard to install 4 springs and ask 250 € for this, damn it! They didn't even know what the quickshift was althougt thay have it listed in the pricelist so I think I'll look further... Maybe I should look away from TTE altogether and into other manufacturers...

Hi peeps,

There are now a couple of very respected companies that make lowering springs for the Corolla t-sport, Apex and Spax. They cost £92 and £99 respectively in the UK. This is alot cheaper than the TTE versions which are vastly overpriced as are the labour charges Toyota like to use (or make up as they go along!!!). I have just bought the TTE front spoiler, so I emailed 4 dealers to get a price for spraying and fitting. Nothing could have prepared me for the shock I was about to receive!!! The first quote I received was £167!!! I thought this was expensive, but the dearest one wanted, are you ready for it!!! £248!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother works for a VW main dealer so I asked him if somebody could spray it for me, Result- £30!!!! Now thats alot cheaper than £167. Just goes to show how greedy this lot are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

John

Originally posted by mytbyte

I've just recently returned from Graz, Austria where I was inquiring about installing the TTE lowering springs. I was quoted 500 € for the spings and installation which now seems to me to be extremely expensive. I was enraged, it cannot be that hard to install 4 springs and ask 250 € for this, damn it! They didn't even know what the quickshift was althougt thay have it listed in the pricelist so I think I'll look further... Maybe I should look away from TTE altogether and into other manufacturers...

What did I quote you for those springs again? It was much less than that... plus a free ride in TS ;-)

Hi spwolf

Yes you are all right toyota are really greed when it comes around the price of things. I also was quoted £137.88 plus vat that was for tte springs for my yaris T sport. I know of a company called pi. They will sell there springs for £95 pounds all in.

jerry

I remember, spwolf, I remember...I just had to try while I was there...

Spring (a play on words :-) is approaching quickly...:D

Hi peeps,

Went to my local Dealer at weekend and asked about fitting Spax lowering springs to my Corolla T-sport and was told that it would not affect my warrenty. I was told that as Toyota do not offer lowering springs I was entittled to use another brand. As the Spax springs are only £99 I'm going to get them fitted before the TTE items are released and save myself about £130. Something you should all think about considering how overpriced the TTE springs are. Cheers.

John.

After intensive negotiations with t.g.b i can now confirm that the u.k retail price for the genuine lowering springs is £158.27 + vat . Delivery is likely to take approximately 2-3 weeks as they have to be supplied to t.m.e via tte in germany .

If you have any questions i can be contacted on 07973272835 (personal number) 01482 586733 work or via e-mail at - steve@parkers.karoo.co.uk ...... call me anytime. Those of you familier with Jake will know that i am genuine and he will back me up....

P.S - 10 % discount will be given on all orders

Hi Guys,

I've been talking to Steve for many weeks now, with reference to the TTE parts and he has proved to be very helpfull, and has provided me with the most relaiable information regarding all TTE parts, my TSport, is going over to JCT Hull in a few weeks time to have the springs front spoiler and side skirts fitted, I'll post pics as soon as it's done. Steve has proved to be a bit of and excpetion for the motor trade, as he actually rings you back when he's says he will.

I have no hesitation in recomended that you speak to him should you need assistance, just hope the lads in the workshop and body shop perform as well as Steve has, will keep you all informed.