Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Slow Under 1.8K Rpm

newt180

Hi,

Just picked up a second hand t180 from a Toyota dealer. I has done 38K, but I have noticed it is so slow pulling away if you are under 1.8K revs (under turbo).

I am taking a tech on a test drive on monday, but what do you guys think (is it EGR?) it is or is it normal.

I have never know such turbo lag on a modern diesel

Thanks in advance for answers.

There is some slight lag off turbo but shouldn't be bad. Try some bp ultimate or vpower. Supermarket fuel has lower cetane ratings and therefore burns incompletely and can emphasise the problem

Egr is also active at this rpm and with a lower peak temperature less power is extracted from the fuel. Ablocked egr will also restrict the the nox gas mix pushed into the intake valve. A vicious circle.

It is bad enough to make joining an island, just seems like bad turbo lag. Perhaps I just need to get used to driving it, the fuel computer seems to be funny, It said I would expect 320 miles on a tank. I have done 100 miles and it is still full. saying I am doing about 38mpg?

It is bad enough to make joining an island, just seems like bad turbo lag. Perhaps I just need to get used to driving it, the fuel computer seems to be funny, It said I would expect 320 miles on a tank. I have done 100 miles and it is still full. saying I am doing about 38mpg?

Try the different fuel and you can rev higher to get the Turbo spinning.

Range is deliberately wrong to prevent you from going low on fuel. High pressure fuel pump is cooled by the diesel and lubricated. Toyota are extra cautious. Tank will do about 420 to 500.

38 is typical.

Try the different fuel and you can rev higher to get the Turbo spinning.

Range is deliberately wrong to prevent you from going low on fuel. High pressure fuel pump is cooled by the diesel and lubricated. Toyota are extra cautious. Tank will do about 420 to 500.

38 is typical.

Excellent, I will take them out in it on monday, if all is OK I will sit back and enjoy.

Just did a calculation on MPG looks like I am actually doing 43.3MPG.

I am happy with that, just looks like I may look like a fool on monday.