Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help, Trapped Coins

spog

Can any one help? In my old car i used to keep some 1p and 2p coins just in case i get that killer £10.01p at the petrol pump, so i did the same in my Aygo. I put the coins in the little cubbie hole to the lower left of the steering wheel, however the coins have now managed to work their way through a little gap in the floor of the cubbie hole, so now the coins are rolling around inside the bottom of the steering wheel cover. Has anybody else had this problem? and if so, any tips.

Cheers.

Can any one help? In my old car i used to keep some 1p and 2p coins just in case i get that killer £10.01p at the petrol pump, so i did the same in my Aygo. I put the coins in the little cubbie hole to the lower left of the steering wheel, however the coins have now managed to work their way through a little gap in the floor of the cubbie hole, so now the coins are rolling around inside the bottom of the steering wheel cover. Has anybody else had this problem? and if so, any tips.

Cheers.

The steering column cover which is what i think you mean? Is really easy to remove and replace, which will let you get the coins out. There are only 2 screws to remove. An excellent earlier post by Unklian, another club member on fitting a rev counter has some pics that will show you how to do it. Entire job should take no more than 2 mins. Click on this link and look at pic 2 http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64418 :thumbsup:

Hi mate, sorry I cant help on this, just picked my Aygo today, 1st thing I did was put some spare change in the same place, think I'll go out move them tomorrow, thanks for the advice.

the exact same has happened to me ! in tht top secret space left hand side under steering wheel haha, i find if i tap mine from underneath with my hand the odd 5p will roll out, still got some stuck in there tho, i think toyota cud do with a little ash tray or sumthing like tht, its poor really everythings open.

There are a couple of slots between the cup holders in front of the gear lever, those are meant for coins...

Else get something like this (only for Pounds instead of Euros):

09_04236.jpg

As for releasing the trapped coins: there are a couple of screws near the edge where the

black top of the dashboard meets the lower grey bits. If you undo thos you should be

able to fold the grey bit down partially, giving you just enough space to free the coins.

Or do like I do and put the change in a tin!

go well with other rattles.

The Toyota ash tray is a handy way to store your coins and fits into the cupholder area. Just got one on eBay :)