Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ripspeed Universal Air Filter From Halfords?

corollavvti

any good for my 2003 1.4 vvt-i toyota corolla E12 5 door hatchback?

Thanks!

post-94668-128054582935_thumb.jpg

I brought a similar filter, is it just the filter or a kit?

But to fit i had to cut up my old airbox, also make sure you get some reducer rings with it as i had to use one when doing my filter.

It will fit with a bit of persuasion, prince is the best guy to talk to with this seeing as he has done a rather fine job himself. :yes::thumbsup:

Although if you are bothered about performance then it would be best to look at something like the Apexi.

If you are confident that you can do it without damaging sensors and that you have the tool to make it look good then go ahead! :D

my personal opinion is like when you got a market and get a some knock off clothes you no what i mean thats what i see ripspeed as in the car world it will probs make the noise you want but thats about it but thats my opinion

my personal opinion is like when you got a market and get a some knock off clothes you no what i mean thats what i see ripspeed as in the car world it will probs make the noise you want but thats about it but thats my opinion

True, however on a 1.4 performance won't be increased all that much anyway so it won't make all that much difference IMO.

Cheers KP, i like people praising my work lol.

You could just buy a KnN fikter (or some other brand) and do the same.

Depends what budget you have.

Cheers KP, i like people praising my work lol.

You could just buy a KnN fikter (or some other brand) and do the same.

Depends what budget you have.

:D No problem, credit where credit's due. :yes:

il just stick to a k&n 57i induction kit as its cheaper than typhoon and also dont need no wiring for this car as the kit includes everything like the MAF sensor input on a tube ready to attatch, the universal kits require wiring and i do not really want to do that

it will make a better noise and also i like to show off the brand k&n to my mates :D

there isnt really any intake or induction kit that would add a decent amount of performance to a 1.4 so its basically sound and better response from the throttle

thank you everyone

any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated :)

As I have written in some previous posts, (and also having tried the KN 57i kit when the engine was still 1.4l), I have to say that the only thing you will get is great sound and some better response in high revs.

On the other hand you will lose torque on the low revs, something not so good for a 1.4 liter car. You will have to continuously high-rev the car to get some power.

My best advise would be to get a filter panel (I am using an KN myself) so as to get a little more airflow in the engine and not lose torque at low revs. You will still get some improvement in the sound but ofcourse nothing compared to ravishing sound of the 57i kit. :yahoo:

The choice is up to you, but if you insist on getting an airfilter (SRI = short ram intake), the 57i kit is the best solution as it includes everything to the last screw, and it is very easy to fit.

If you can also find a way to isolate the heating of the engine away from the airfilter (a heat shield maybe), it would be great.

'nowt wrong with rip speed, just add cable ties and you've got yourself a fully custom cold air induction kit. As demonstrated here by my Paseo after i failed to find an induction kit to fit to my requirements:

coldaircarbon.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links