Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Engine Management Light (Vsctrc) And Red Fluid Leak

d_onions

Hi everyone - new user here / first post.

Just bought a second hand 06 reg T180 Verso a few days back. All seemed fine when I left the (non-Toyota car supermarket) garage forecourt.

Anyway, long story short, got close to home and the orange engine management symbol lit up on the dash, along with the TRC off and VSC lights.

Got home and noticed a small patch of oily red fluid had leaked onto the drive from under the engine (drivers side at the front). The leak wasn't apparent when I left the dealer. I'm assuming that the red fluid has caused the fault light but I'm no mechanic!

Opened the bonnet and there was some red fluid aplatter on top of the engine casing too. I'm hoping it's just a split/loose hose (car was serviced 300 miles ago by Toyota).

Spoke to Toyota, who advise the red fluid is possibly PAS or water pump related, and the engine management light could be related to either the PAS/coolant, or even that the tracking needs doing(?), which I was going to get done, but it's not way out, slight drag to left on new tyres put on by the previous owner.

Got the mobile electrician coming later today to check out the error code.

Has anything similar happened to any of you, or what else could cause these issues?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help with this, ta

Dave

Opened the bonnet and there was some red fluid aplatter on top of the engine casing too. I'm hoping it's just a split/loose hose (car was serviced 300 miles ago by Toyota).

Spoke to Toyota, who advise the red fluid is possibly PAS or water pump related, and the engine management light could be related to either the PAS/coolant, or even that the tracking needs doing(?), which I was going to get done, but it's not way out, slight drag to left on new tyres put on by the previous owner.

Hi Dave I presume you`ve checked the coolant level ?

A lot of Versos have had problems of the steering pulling to the left even after having the tracking done although I`m sure one forum member had success by changing the make of the tyres.

Thanks for the reply dervdave. It turns out there are bigger issues than tyre brand. Very angry at the moment.

The diagnostics picked up a P2002 error code.

I also saw that the fault codes were last erased 110km ago, the exact mileage from the dealer to my home.

It seems the dealer wiped the codes and sold me that car knowing there was a £1700+ issue (according to the other topic).

I'll reply on that forum topic, and probably be quoting the sale of goods act to the dealer on Monday morning.

Dave

Sorry to hear that, best of luck my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here's hoping that the car has had it's last Toyota visit for a while. The full but brief version of my tale:

P2002 error code meant a new Cat.

To upgrade the ECU software after the cat repair, it needed a new Battery.

Whilst roadtesting the Cat fix, there was a suspected head gasket issue.

After investigation, my car required a new cylinder head and short block too.

Car returned yesterday, fixed, and glad to say cost to me £0.

Must mention on here that my local Toyota garage have been extremely helpful under the circumstances.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links