Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springs Or No Springs?

SuperRetard

Just sorted out some proper Koni dampers, but can't figure out if I need springs or not... I've been told by the dealer that I bought it from that they think I've got TTE springs. But it looks a little too high, I reckon. But side by side with a standard Yaris, mine was definitely lower, or maybe it was just the 15" wheels?

:blink::help:

Whaddya think?

yaris.jpg

I believe the best kind of drop is when the wheel/tyre has the same width of space around the whole arch...

From this side on-view of the t-sport you'll see what I mean:

yar_ga_21_im.jpg

The TSport is 20mm lower than anyother model right? So I rekon all you need is a 20mm drop :) Dunno whther you can buy the official Toyota TSport springs so you can get away with saying you have standard springs to the insurance company??

BTW are those 16 or 17 inch rims?

the adjustable konis?? - no springs

you should have TTE springs tho does seem a bit high!

I know that the Konis I've just bought don't come with springs - they're just 4 dampers. The question is... upgrade the springs or keep the current ones. And the answer to that question lies in this - are my springs TTE ones or standard ones? :blink:

i believe the yaris sr is lowered on tte springs as is the spoiler, exaust etc!but not definate!!

Can u not maybe clean ur springs and see if they have any identifying marks on???(worth a try???)

CB :thumbsup:

i think the SR has the same springs as a t-sport not quite the drop of TTE springs advertised on fensport

the spring uve got wil prob be TTE tho and are lower than standard bout 15mm, i have some but the front end seems no different so ive got some konis and im gettin some springs TTE or GMAX?

Hmmm, the first pic doesn't look that low, hmmmm?

heres miss tsports. shes got tte springs only, no konis as off yet. and although sh'es got 16" rim, they are the same diameter as the orignal 15"s

clicky here :)

I believe the best kind of drop is when the wheel/tyre has the same width of space around the whole arch...

From this side on-view of the t-sport you'll see what I mean:

yar_ga_21_im.jpg

The TSport is 20mm lower than anyother model right? So I rekon all you need is a 20mm drop :) Dunno whther you can buy the official Toyota TSport springs so you can get away with saying you have standard springs to the insurance company??

BTW are those 16 or 17 inch rims?

In the picture the yaris showen there has got 15" standard t sport wheels mate.

jerry!!

At the end of the day, lowering is based on the springs in the main...not the dampers..surely?!

The car sits on the springs...not the dampers . Dampers do, just that damp out the verticle motion of the spring, to stop it looking like a 2cv over the bumps.

So to lower the car you do need to shorten the springs as well as changing the dampers.

Vipes

Hi SuperRetard

Get yourself some TTE springs mate. Then you will be happier with the drop mate. They SR yaris has lower springs than the t sport if i remember rightly. I remember Dan AKA yarispot fitting them to his car. But it wasn't a great ride and the handling was disturbed so he fitted TTE springs instead :thumbsup:

Your best bet is to pm yarispot!!

jerry!!

Hmmm... So TTE are lower than standard SR then... That's one thing sorted! :)

Shame the sale of the Konis got scuppered tho'... was meant to be picking'em up Saturday night but the seller phoned up and asked for more money after we'd already agreed a price last week. So it was only a tenner... but :P

Bit ****** off, but I'm sure some more will turn up at some point...

Hmmm... So TTE are lower than standard SR then... That's one thing sorted! :)

Shame the sale of the Konis got scuppered tho'... was meant to be picking'em up Saturday night but the seller phoned up and asked for more money after we'd already agreed a price last week. So it was only a tenner... but :P

Bit ****** off, but I'm sure some more will turn up at some point...

See for yourself mate. Heres my motor lowered on TTE springs :thumbsup:

luton_hoo_6.sized.jpg

jerry!!

yar_ga_21_im.jpg

I have a T-Spirit and really really really fancy a T-Sport!

What sort of trade in would I get for a 12 month old Spirit against a T-Sport in Silver?

What’s the cheapest you have seen a T-Sport go for (new)?

Thanx in advance....

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Jerry the link dosent work :angry: but i would have to say as i have before your tte springs look good hope to get some soon 4 my ts do you get better handle with them and do you have a strut brace? :)

And dont you love the drop top yaris hope they do a T-sport turbo drop top soon i want one :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Jerry the link dosent work :angry: but i would have to say as i have before your tte springs look good hope to get some soon 4 my ts do you get better handle with them and do you have a strut brace? :)

And dont you love the drop top yaris hope they do a T-sport turbo drop top soon i want one :thumbsup:

Hi acemiko

Try this link :thumbsup:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_...rch_full=SEARCH

With the TTE springs fitted the car handles loads better and has improved on the looks i must say. No i haven't got a strut brace but i will be looking into getting one soon mate :thumbsup:

And i would love to have a convertible yaris. I think that they look really nice.

jerry!!

miss tsport has the trd front uppr strut. tis very nice, although much more costly than the omp or sparco jobbies. But i think (pleae correct me anyone) tha the omp/sparco are steel, whereas the trd is alloy. but then again i might be talking out my botty. :wacko:

So where do I get TTE springs and how much £££?

Correct me if I am wrong here but arn't the TTE springs just re-badged Eibach springs?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi tiktok

Yes you are right there. The strut brace from OMP is steel and the TRD is alloy.

Hi superRetard

You can get TTE springs from your local Toyota dealer for around £138 Maybe more now as it's being nearly a year now since i had them fitted.

Hi Kevin

Yes i think you are right there. I heard that TTE springs are really Eibach springs as well. If so that's cool as Eibach springs are really good quality.

jerry!!