Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth

forumfan

Its is possible to connect the iPhone 3GS to the factory fitted bluetooth hands-free in the Aygo Blue.I'm going though every stage but when it comes to 'pairing' - i get the voice 'pairing failed' even though the iPhone has found the 'Toyota' bluetooth.A detailed explanantion would be much apprecaited if anyone has successfully connected one

I haven't got any personal experiences with these kits, but I know several people HAVE connected their iPhones to them.

With my Bury CC9060 I have to do the pairing on the iPhone: go to the BT-section in settings,

tap the carkit's name, then enter the PIN (usually 1234) and everything else should go automatically.

But on some carkits you need to pair from the kit, if this is the case, put your iPhone on the

BT-page in settings, this makes it "Discoverable", so you can do a search form the carkit.

How you do that should be in the manual for the kit.

Press the blue button, and sett your iPhone to scan, when it finds toyota on the iPhone, connect to it from the phone, might take 2 presses, wait and it should ask for a pass code, which is 1,2,3,4 hit enter and it should connect without a problem, thats the way i did it when i connected my iphone3gs to my 2010 aygo blue :thumbsup:

I can confirm that I have successfully paired the 3G and 3G'S' to our Blue - no problems, no issues, no drops.

I can only think that you are missing out a step or something?

I can confirm that I have successfully paired the 3G and 3G'S' to our Blue - no problems, no issues, no drops.

I can only think that you are missing out a step or something?

I've gone through every step as suggested but keep getting the voice command 'pairing failed' :help:

My iPhone 4 pairs fine in a Verso, not an Aygo granted but pairs in the same way

Kingo :thumbsup:

we had the same problem with my wifes 3G, managed to connect my Nokia no probs but not the 3G, don't really use it much so haven't pursued it! I now have a '4 so will try properly to connect that and the 3G sometime. Wish me luck!

Doesn't the carkit synchronise automatically?

That's the only way it will work, as the iPhone is incapable

of sending contacts or it's phonebook manually.

My iPhone 4 pairs fine in a Verso, not an Aygo granted but pairs in the same way

Kingo thumbsup.gif

You never miss a chance to mention you have a Verso do you Kingo :D

Kingo thumbsup.gif

You never miss a chance to mention you have a Verso do you Kingo :D

Indeed........I never mention the iPhone though :lol:

Kingo thumbsup.gif

You never miss a chance to mention you have a Verso do you Kingo biggrin.gif

Indeed........I never mention the iPhone though laugh.gif

Shall iPhone you so you can :D

You can..........you wont be able to get me tho, no signal :lol:

• 2 months later...

Success !! Thanks everyone for your help.Now just to get the Bluetooth unit to understand the numbers i'm trying to store :blink:

Hi there, I have the exact problem as yours previously and my car is also the aygo blue 57 plate. Do you mind telling me how to connect bluetooth to my iPhone 3gs please. Thank you.

Success !! Thanks everyone for your help.Now just to get the Bluetooth unit to understand the numbers i'm trying to store :blink:

I tried for ages to voice input numbers into the wife's Aygo, then I turned the page in the handbook and found how to put them in automatically, 10 numbers in about 15 mins one at a time though....

Without going out and getting the book from the car, it's the 2nd page of the bluetooth instructions I think...

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem with both an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 not even the guy at the toyota dealer could pair it. I have read in other forums that the iPhone automaticly try's to connect itself by sending the pin '0000' which is incorrect, therefore pairing fails.

To pair an iphone follow these instructions:

Press and hold the blue button in the car to search for devices

The first time you do this it will say 'pairing failed' and the iphone will then ask you to enter the pin. DO NOT ENTER THE PIN YET & DO NOT PRESS CANCEL.

Press and hold the blue button again to scan for devices and NOW enter the pin '1234' in the iphone.

If the iphone is not asking you to enter a pin you will need to 'Reset Network Setting' on your phone. To do this go to:

settings > general > reset > reset network settings

This will clear all saved security keys for bluetooth and wifi devices

This worked on both our iPhones

:thumbsup:

Hi. Glad you succeeded. What was the solution? I've had problems with my iPhone 3G since a software update. Apple can't help. Local garage can't help, but couldn't get any iPhones to pair. What was the solution?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links