Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Man Charges £7,000 For Month-Long Supercar Wash

Raistlin

Gurcharn Sahota works on some of the world's fastest cars at his workshop just outside Derby.

But if you're used to spending £5 on getting the car cleaned at the local garage, forget it.

Gurcharn says he uses painstaking cleaning methods to make £1 million supercars look almost better than new.

He's worked on Bugatti Veyrons, McLaren F1s, F1 GTRs and Pagani Zondas.

At his specially-equipped garage Gurcharn told Newsbeat, "a full treatment here costs around £7,000".

"For that kind of service I'll spend around four weeks working on a car."

_48423249_gurcharnphoto.jpg

Gurcharn Sahota works on a Porsche 911 driven from Paris to be cleaned Gurcharn's work goes beyond the usual bucket and sponge wash.

Shampoo and clay bars "We have various different processes that we put the car through," he said.

"First is a complete wash with pH neutral shampoo and citrus degreasers, which is essentially orange extract.

"We use different temperature water, from 40C to 140C depending on the area of the car.

Gurcharn has to use special towels and an extra powerful hair dryer to make the vehicle ready for the next stage of cleaning.

"Then it's decontamination using clay bars to get rid of things like tree sap, tar and air pollutants."

£8,000 Brazilian wax Incredibly, it's important to remove scratches and marks that are barely visible to the naked eye.

_48423251_veyron.jpg

Gurcharn Sahota has worked on £1m cars including the Bugatti Veyron Gurcharn said: "I use an electrical scanner to work out the depth of the paint work to 1/1000th of an inch.

"That way I know how deep I can go with ultra fine sandpaper and polish."

Some of the tools, equipment and products he uses are the most expensive in the world.

Natural wax imported from Brazil at more than £8,000 per tin takes pride of place on his trolley.

International travel As for customers Gurcharn's work takes him all over Europe and beyond.

"Sometimes if one of my customers calls up from the Middle East they'll fly me out there business class.

_48423247_gurcharn2.jpg

Gurcharn uses an electronic scanner to find imperfections in the paintwork "All my kit will come with me and I can spend anything from a couple of days out there to several weeks."

Currently, he's working on the classic Porsche 911.

"The owner has driven it over especially from Paris and is staying in a local hotel while I work on it for two days."

As for accusations that no car service, no matter how much effort goes into it, can be worth what he charges he's still proud of the work he does.

"If you give me a new car I can make it look better.

"If one of my customers wants to respray a million pound car it could cost them up to £100,000.

"Give it to me for a couple of weeks, I'll charge a fraction of the price and it will look even better."

I went and watched a short program in this and they use some very expensive equipment. :yes: But in all honesty, your car looks more than good enough with a good 8 hour stint washing, waxing, claying and polishing etc the whole thing. Something I did a long while ago...

But I'd give it a go if I had that sort of money. :lol:

"All my kit will come with me" :eek:

I always bring my full kit every where I go & charge much more reasonable prices :rolleyes: I'm very attached to mine & wouldn't travel without it :lol:

If the silly over-rich knob owners want to pay that sort of money for a wash and wax then I say "good luck" to the man thumbsup.gif

Vic took his car there and the chap paid him a £10.00 to bugger off as you can't polish rust... :D

I happen to know that Vic pussy-wagon is rust free. One of very few these days... :thumbsup:

I happen to know that Vic pussy-wagon is rust free. One of very few these days... :thumbsup:

Thanks, Kynan :thumbsup: I always stand up for you & say that all the foul rumours going around, about you are wrong..................Well, most of the time :rolleyes: :lol2:

Thanks, Kynan :thumbsup: I always stand up for you & say that all the foul rumours going around, about you are wrong..................Well, most of the time :rolleyes: :lol2:

Oh hold on Vic I need to get the phone.... It's the truth, he wants you to tell it. :D :lol:

I will defend a good car to the death, especially when it is so far from the scalextric style rubbish they are building these days. :yes::thumbsup:

And which of the two has the tick shagpile carpet? And is big enough for backseat activities?... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links