Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Toyota Yaris 56 Has Starting Problems

KLG1988

My Toyota Yaris 56 has starting problems

I bought my Yaris a couple of months ago from a Toyota Dealer with all of my savings. I have been having problem when it turns over.

The car is fine in a morning it fires straight up (9am) but when I get out of work (5pm) and try to start it up its struggles/ judders but then eventually starts. I can go out in the car and park it up after about 2 hours on it being standing I go to start it is does the same thing.

If I leave it over night it fine though!

It’s been in the Toyota garage twice. First time they said it was the spark plugs and changed them. The second time they kept it for a week and could not find anything wrong with it. They have had it on the diagnostic machine and did not find anything. It feels they might be hiding a big problem? I am going to take it to a different Toyota garage as I have it under a year guarantee but just wonder if anyone had any suggestions on what it could be so I could say this to them.

I am very worried something is seriously wrong with it. I can afford to pay loads of money on it as I am going back to uni. I also do want to get worse.

Thanks

Is it petrol or diesel?

It's certainly a strange problem alright. I was gonna suggest a Battery fault but if it starts ok in the mornings, that can be ruled out.

My other guess is an electrical hiccup somewhere but i've never heard of this problem before so i can't say what it could be really.

Sorry for the lack of advice, maybe somebody else has had a similar issue? :unsure:

Clues: OK in morning: cool

OK overnight : cool

Not OK: 5pm: summer hot

Not OK: two hours after a run: engine hot.

Sounds like a vapour lock..

Has the fuel filter been changed within the last 10k miles? If not, I suggest you start there...Sounds to me like fuel starvation from petrol expanding when warm...

Clues: OK in morning: cool

OK overnight : cool

Not OK: 5pm: summer hot

Not OK: two hours after a run: engine hot.

Sounds like a vapour lock..

Has the fuel filter been changed within the last 10k miles? If not, I suggest you start there...Sounds to me like fuel starvation from petrol expanding when warm...

---

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure about the Fuel Filter. Is that some thing that would be included in a service? If it is I believe it had a service when I bought it. Can't be 100% sure as the book was not stamped.

I will mention this to the garage as it going to a different toyota on friday.

Is there are thing else you could think it is?

Thanks for you help again.

Do you try to start it using the accelerator pedal or just the key?