Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Government Approves £5,000 Ev Grant Scheme

Grumpy Cabbie

Well things are moving in the right direction as the Government have authorised the £5,000 EV grant for qualifying vehicles.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/News/UK-government-funds-43-million-electric-switch-on/

Qualifying vehicles are as follows;

Chevrolet Volt Due Spring 2012

Vauxhall Ampera Due Early 2012

Nissan Leaf Due March 2011

Renault Fluence Due Summer 2012

Peugeot iOn Due Autumn 2010

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Due Early 2011

Citroen C-Zero Due Early 2011

I notice that they have the Volt down twice, once as the Chevrolet and also as a Vauxhall Ampera. As Chevy also have a line up here in the UK, I wonder if we will be lucky enough to get both versions - the Volt and the slightly differently styled Ampera?

The Renault Fluence is a new one on me, but does look interesting. The Peugeot iOn and Citroen C-Zero are both rebadged versions of the Mitsubishi iMev. Interesting how the above indicates the Peugeot will be released before the Mitsubishi original.

I guess this must be a mistake.

Good news but that list is what Parkers expect to be on the list.

On your other link to the DirectGov website, you can see they haven't made their minds up about what the qualifying criteria are going to be. Still, it is agreed in principle so maybe it can be used on a plug in prius?

Edit.

Just noticed you haven't put the other link up.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_177516

I'm not so sure that the Government could have backed out of the subsidy. I'm trying to find the EU directive, but I'm sure all member states HAVE TO offer subsidies for alternative fuel/energy/electric cars. There will be a lot of huffing and puffing about cuts and cost savings but if it is in a directive, there is not a lot they can do about it

Kingo :thumbsup:

This will almost certainly apply to the Prius Plug-In as well. The highest CO2 is 60g and the Plug-In prototypes scrape in at 59g. The Toyota engineers may get more out of it before the production version launches in 2012.

Note - the overall value has been slashed so many fewer cars will get it.

EDIT - it's worth noting that the 59g is CO2 at the tail pipe. Obviously the CO2 from transporting the oil and producing the electricity is NOT included in that figure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links