Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extended Warranty For Battery

Chris Ray

Just had a call from my dealer to say Toyota are extending the warranty on the main Battery to 100,000 on all new Prius.

I have to pay £195 to upgrade my Warranty!

How does that work then, my car is 2.5 months old and presumably has the same Battery as the new cars, so why do I have to pay when Toyota are obviously confident the Battery is good for 100,000 miles?

Seems a bit harsh!!

Sh*t happens!

I'd be happy to pay £195 to extend my warranty.

They are obviously doing this because dealers are reporting kick back when customers come in and see the 100K warranty on the Auris and then not on the Prius. So this keeps the Prius competitive.

I have to say after this experience I will never buy a new car as its launch again. The UK Prius now has better options and warranty - both of which could easily have been offerred at launch last summer (as they were available in other markets). I still think the UK is getting stiffed with the choice of interior colours. Why we can't order the light grey and tan interior colours and get stuck with the drab gray I dont know.

The UK Prius now has better options and warranty

And has had a few price hikes. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links