Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Maf Sensor?

alexeft

Hi all.

First post here.

I wanted to ask if there is a MAF sensor on the Aygo 1.0 3 cylinder

and where it is located.

Happy driving :yahoo:

S'cuse my ignorance but what is a MAF sensor???

Mass Air Flow sensor which monitors air flow and then computer can adjust fuelling based on this and throttle position (as told by the Throttle Position Sensor) and crank timing (as told by.... you get it)

I don't know what level of electronices and sensors the engine in the Aygo has other than 'run' when key turned on and 'stop' when key turned off!!

Look forward to some more info on this myself.............

Mass Air Flow sensor which monitors air flow and then computer can adjust fuelling based on this and throttle position (as told by the Throttle Position Sensor) and crank timing (as told by.... you get it)

I don't know what level of electronices and sensors the engine in the Aygo has other than 'run' when key turned on and 'stop' when key turned off!!

Look forward to some more info on this myself.............

Thanks for the info - I'll stick to pc's! I understand them....

I don't know anything about engines, but wouldn't the Aygo need a MAF sensor for the VVTI?

I don't know anything about engines, but wouldn't the Aygo need a MAF sensor for the VVTI?

Ask Kingo he'd know...

That's a good question. How does it measure the incoming air when the VVTI is advanced or retarded?

If it doesn't have a MAF sensor (which I "think" it doesn't), it would have to guess

based on stored maps and then correct via the O2 sensor signal.

Anyway, the reason I am asking is that I want to clean it if one exists.

I did this to my Prius, which does have a MAF sensor, and corrected my fuel consumption

which seemed to have worsened by 7-8% :)

The Aygo does NOT have a MAF-sensor.

It relies on the MAP* and IAT* (which are actually combined into one and sit just befor the throttle valve) to determine

how much fuel needs to be injected. These values are then checked agains the O2-sensors and adjusted if neccesary.

*Manifold Absolute Pressue and Inlet Air Temperature

It relies on the MAP* and IAT* (which are actually combined into one and sit just befor the throttle valve) to determine

how much fuel needs to be injected. These values are then checked agains the O2-sensors and adjusted if neccesary.

Thanks for clearing that up, Jan lol :thumbsup:

That's what I was looking for, thanks a lot.