Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

94 Camry Stalls After Highway Driving.

Sunny1994

I have a 1994 Camry that has recently developed an issue. The car drives like a dream in the city with no issues at all. However, when we slow down after driving at highway speeds for 10-15 minutes it stalls out. I can stop it from stalling by pushing accelerator but if I let off the tach will bounce and it will eventually stall. I can drive it fine with 2 feet. If I park it for 15 minutes its fine again until the next time I come to a stop after driving at 80kn/hr or higher for a bit.

I have changed cap, rotor, pcv, fuel filter. I'm a bit baffled.

Engine light does not come on so I suspect no error codes would appear if I had it scanned.

Ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1994 Camry that has recently developed an issue. The car drives like a dream in the city with no issues at all. However, when we slow down after driving at highway speeds for 10-15 minutes it stalls out. I can stop it from stalling by pushing accelerator but if I let off the tach will bounce and it will eventually stall. I can drive it fine with 2 feet. If I park it for 15 minutes its fine again until the next time I come to a stop after driving at 80kn/hr or higher for a bit.

I have changed cap, rotor, pcv, fuel filter. I'm a bit baffled.

Engine light does not come on so I suspect no error codes would appear if I had it scanned.

Ideas?

I had this exact same condition with my 96 Camry. I tried many suggestions that I found on this site and others with no success, the idle air control valve, and the coolant sensor to name just two. The issue with my Camry turned out to be a sticking EGR valve. My mechanic friends told me that the egr could not possibly be the case but they were wrong. This was an extremely easy low cost repair for my car that fixed it once and for all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links