Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Fuel Economy

jamesbools

I've put £40 in my tank which is about 37 litres and I've only got 400km out of it, I'm not too sure if this is the average or well under. If it is under what could it be and how can I sort it??

that's pretty average fuel return, about 250 miles on a tank. i get about 240 odd from my paseo with normal and enthusiastic driving combined. i have achieved in the past 300 miles on one tank, but that was with very thin fuel saver tyres and lots of 56mph motorway miles. swapped to some thicker rubber which is damaging fuel economy but much more fun in corners and oodles more grip.

Thats about 30mpg so I wouldn't complain, you are in a turbo car that drinks fuel on boost, for better fuel econ use low boost!

4afte - Are you running standard 5efe in the seo? If so that is poor fuel econ, I used to get 40mpg from mine!

standard 5e-fe, sort of, it's got a custom exhaust and induction kit, plus admitedly the wheels are a little over size (i need to take them down a profile so it does read wrong a little). it might seem like it's thristy but it's just how i drive. i can get lot's of mile from it, if i try, i just have more fun the other way is all.