Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice On Purchasing Corollas

Luton_FC

Hi Guys,

I am a new member here! :)

Glad I stumbled across this forum...

I am looking to purchase a few corollas and take them across to my cousins in Ireland.

Looking for 3 doors 1989-1997 models approximately.

Does anyone know the best places to look online, I have tried autotrader and pistonheads??

I also like the 1990 corolla gti's, are they quite rare as not many of them seem to be for sale?

Cheers

:)

You are looking for cars 10-20 years old. With the Government scrappage scheme, lots of cars this age will have been scrapped, not all, but a lot. Corolla GT models are even rarer and most have ended up in Ireland already due to the big road rally scene over there

Keep looking, there is even a classified section on here so you might find something but dont expect lots of them

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yeh was about to say that you guys have most of them! I'm one of five people on this forum with GTi's in the UK :lol:

Welcome BTW.

I can help you with GTi's as can Dawesy, AE_92 and also Stowie44 may have some knowledge to part with. :yes:

Not much to say about these other than the 1.6 VVTi engines have slightly undersized oil control rings which means that they have a slightly higher oil consumption than other engines. Although this is not a big problem, the engine runs perfectly and reliably despite them. ;)

However, if you go for a GTi then there are rust spot to look out for as follows:

Sills:

OSSillRust.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

Rear Turrets, look along the lower seal of these too:

NSTurretRust.jpg

saturday2010029.jpg

Rear Corner where the sunroof drains:

NSRearCornerRust.jpg

Sunroof:

saturday2010032.jpg

Window Seals:

saturday2010011.jpg

Windscreen surrounds are also a problem. And the arches:

saturday2010026.jpg

These are all of my GTi which I am rebuilding so I do know what I am on about, look out for it because I am having to spend no less that £2000 on fixing the chassis and body from this rust.

Hope this helps.

KP

Here is a pristine example that I would snap up right now if I had the cash. :( :

1991 GTi

A good price considering that such a clean and rust free example is so hard to come by now days. Although I reckon you should try to knock him down to £1200 :yes:

Thanks for the replies :)

Top work on attaching the photos too, I will make sure I check up on your points made during future inspections.

Yea Ireland us full of corollas, a fair few gti's about too.

Do you think there is any particular website I should monitor to look out for corollas for sale, apart from this one, autotrader and pistonheads?

Here is a pristine example that I would snap up right now if I had the cash. :( :

1991 GTi

A good price considering that such a clean and rust free example is so hard to come by now days. Although I reckon you should try to knock him down to £1200 :yes:

Thanks, yea looked at that one but it is toooo far away!!

Was going to put an offer in on this corolla 94 but it had sold unfortunately :(

Not really any others mate. I see one or two every two months on auto trader.

Mine is a particularly bad example, but you just need to be aware that if it looks like this on the outside:

FluffyFrontOct2008.jpg

FluffyRearOct20081.jpg

Then the chances are you have a long term project like mine.

If you get the example on AT, then I will advise you to go and get the whole thing waxoiled because it does take a lot of time to get it to a pristine condition. Luckily I have all the time in the world to do mine up but if you want a sweet road car that will last, get decent rust protection. :yes:

might sell my 1.8gxi once I get the time to make it in a clean condition...could be some time. :help:

ok mate, let me know what you decided to do, I am more than happy to help with GTi stuff, also don't hesitate to ask if you need parts, I have odd little bits and piece lying around all the time. :lol:

ok mate, let me know what you decided to do, I am more than happy to help with GTi stuff, also don't hesitate to ask if you need parts, I have odd little bits and piece lying around all the time. :lol:

Cheers!!! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links