Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti Hijack On Auris Hybrid

jonbr

Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of an Auris Hybrid, just 4 days old :thumbsup:

I used to have a RAV4 and set the anti hijack feature my self with information from the RAV4 forum. Does any one know what the steps are to set it for the Auris Hybrid - I have the T-Spirit version?

Thanks in advance, Jon

I wasn't aware that the Auris either normal or HSD were the likely victims of hijackings, except perhaps in S.Africa ?????

Seems a bit weird to me

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of an Auris Hybrid, just 4 days old :thumbsup:

I used to have a RAV4 and set the anti hijack feature my self with information from the RAV4 forum. Does any one know what the steps are to set it for the Auris Hybrid - I have the T-Spirit version?

Thanks in advance, Jon

I'm in exactly the same position - though I don't get my Auris Hybrid until late September! Our RAV4 and Yaris T-Sport have the anti-hijack feature enabled and asked the dealer to to the same on the Auris - all I got was a blank look! I'm told they also asked the factory to no avail. So I'm not sure if it is turn-on-able because I don't trust any dealer!

For those wondering, cars like the RAV4 and Yaris (and Auris) can have goods stolen out of the "boot" when you're stopped at traffic lights etc, I too doubt if an Auris Hybrid would be high on the list for car jacking... True you can lock the doors from inside each time you drive off but the problem is you have to do it each time your drive off...!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links