Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Gauge Problems

lipso

99 corolla 1.3, the fuel gauge seems to be inaccurate - when getting tank filled at pumps, the gauge is reading at 3/4 instead of full, but may sometimes very slowly edge up to full when driving.

There seems to be a slight leak around the petrol tank whenever the tank is filled up (still have to get underneath car to investigate). There is some petrol on the underside of the tank near the front end. Thinking (hoping) its a loose filler or breather hose connection?

Would this slight leak affect the fuel pressure and affect the fuel gauge reading?

99 corolla 1.3, the fuel gauge seems to be inaccurate - when getting tank filled at pumps, the gauge is reading at 3/4 instead of full, but may sometimes very slowly edge up to full when driving.

There seems to be a slight leak around the petrol tank whenever the tank is filled up (still have to get underneath car to investigate). There is some petrol on the underside of the tank near the front end. Thinking (hoping) its a loose filler or breather hose connection?

Would this slight leak affect the fuel pressure and affect the fuel gauge reading?

Mate I wouldnt drive it at all without having it checked. I am surprised you are posting on the forum without even having a peep underneath your car.

Have you had your car jacked up recently? if so was it jacked up at the location of the tank? I have seen it before where the underside of the tank was damaged at the location where the gauge sensor is installed. His tank was reading full all the time but he didnt suffer from any leaks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links