Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Subs In The Back

Zulley

To get the rear panels off around the Speakers there's a really helpful PDF link on here somewhere that takes you to Toyota's Accessory fitting website.

Really informative as to where all the clips / fitting points are if you follow the "Sound upgrade" PDF

;-) Si

To get the rear panels off around the speakers there's a really helpful PDF link on here somewhere that takes you to Toyota's Accessory fitting website.

Really informative as to where all the clips / fitting points are if you follow the "Sound upgrade" PDF

Do you mean this site:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim.aspx?menuitem=1

That's the one :thumbsup:

Just put in IQ , then 'Installation Guide' , then 'Sound Upgrade' (I think it is !! :unsure: )

that should be all you need to get you started anyways

Si :thumbsup:

Have been looking for a while at options for audio upgrade.

After much consideration (& in depth investigation!) opted to keep the factory fit, and instead, have added an under seat sub.

'Focal' do a couple of super slim units - the Bus20 fits perfectly under the front passenger seat and doesn't therefore impact on any usable storage under/around back seats.

My local audio centre supplied and fitted for £250 all in - which is good, as most websites will sell for c.£220 plus fitting at say £80. (Best price found £199 - but will still have to pay someone to fit - or do it yourself if you are comfortable with wiring and access to audio connections behind dash).

Took two hours - great sound and depth - quality add on. Entirely hidden away with no impact on space and no messing around with panels... which you are unlikely to ever get back without some kinda rattle!

Search for: 'Focal Bus20 20cm/8" Under Seat Active Subwoofer' - (they do also do a 25cm - but we (fitter & I) were unsure if it would squeeze under seat!!).

The 20cm is more than adequate for the interior volume of the IQ.

Hello!

I also have that 8" Focal Bus 20 unit under my passengers seat.

I like it, can recommend it.

It also has wired potentiometer for adjusting amount of bass,

it is mounted behind middle consol between seats where it can be reached easily.

I have original JBL sound upgrade in my iQ, and together they sound quite well.

Focal unit cost 260 euros assembled here in Finland.

Greetings,

FinniQ

Hello!

I also have that 8" Focal Bus 20 unit under my passengers seat.

I like it, can recommend it.

It also has wired potentiometer for adjusting amount of bass,

it is mounted behind middle consol between seats where it can be reached easily.

I have original JBL sound upgrade in my iQ, and together they sound quite well.

Focal unit cost 260 euros assembled here in Finland.

Greetings,

FinniQ

A question to those who added that kind of "bass speaker" :

Any vibrations on doors ?

Thanks

Hey Salsadicto

No... none - although I'm sure if it were much more, things might start to shake up a bit!

I only use the sub to add the extra depth that is missing from the standard fit system and as FinnIQ says, you have a separate control for the sub, so it adjustable for those non-appreciative passengers! :thumbsup:

To prevent any potential vibration from the panels I have also turned down the bass on the standard fit system and let the sub do the work - this way you protect your standard fit Speakers and reduce vibrations in the door panels... as the sub is under the passenger seat.

stecat :D

how about one of these under the front seats ?

http://www.bossaudio.com/main/965

any ideas how we'd wire it up and how you'd get the normal car Speakers to have a high-pass filter so they don't try and reproduce any low frequencies ? ... or would you need to replace the existing Speakers and/or headunit ?

ICE in the iQ is seeming a right mission

:(

Big Thanks to stecat & FinniQ, as I now have a Focul bus20 fitted under my pasenger seat too. Works a treat, I can thoroughly recommend installing one of these.

If you are after something with more boom boom than the focul, my fitter noticed was that there is a lot of space behind the panel where the glove box attachment clips on. What he suggested was making a custom box with two thin 6" subs and then putting an amp under the passenger seat. Thus enabling a lot more "thump" without impacting on space.

Big Thanks to stecat & FinniQ, as I now have a Focul bus20 fitted under my pasenger seat too. Works a treat, I can thoroughly recommend installing one of these.

If you are after something with more boom boom than the focul, my fitter noticed was that there is a lot of space behind the panel where the glove box attachment clips on. What he suggested was making a custom box with two thin 6" subs and then putting an amp under the passenger seat. Thus enabling a lot more "thump" without impacting on space.

Or maybe install the custom glove box toyota should have made first ? LOL

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links