Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4Age 20 Valve Conversion Cluch Flywheel And Gear Box

Andy-j

hi im abit into coverting my g6r to a 4age 20valve and come across a problem with gear box not fitting almost does tho do i need the 20 valve gear box cluch or flywheel any input would be much appercated

so you are trying to fit the g6r gearbox to the 4age? if so I don't think it will fit

what part does not fit is it the gearbox input shaft?

the cluch that was on the engine splins on cluch plate was to big i have bin told that it does fit or would it be easier to get a levin box shafts and cluch

just found out i have a 16 valve supercharged clutch and flywheel if i change it for the 20 valve one will it fit

it is likely worth having a look or getting a retailer to tell you exaclty what the difference is. if it's the number of splines then you might need a clutch from the lower powered g6r 4afe engine.

Clutch on 4AGZE is 225mm diameter.

Clutch on 20v is 212mm.

Spline shaft is larger on GZE box, clutches are not interchangable.

GZE Box is better if you have one as driveshafts are larger diameter and therefore stronger.

then you'll most likely need a supercharged gearbox. or change the whole clutch for an N/A one

You have a 20 Valve engine but a G6R 'Box?

Why not get a 20 Valve Gearbox then? In all honesty this is something that I would have checked before I did the conversion.... No offence, I guess people do things differently. ;)

What K20 said was that the 4A-GZE 'Box is good but because of the larger spline shaft it won't fit the 20 Valve. I would have though the best solution is to get a 20 Valve 'Box.

cheers dude it was a bin of an inpluse buy wen my g6r engine went bang so i got offered a 20valve cheep from a family friend had a kinda look into doin the conversion and most people sed its easy iv already changed all the steering part but the engine came with a 16v superchaged clutch and flywheel on it so im now thinkin i need a 20valve clutch and flywheel witch is provin hard 2 find so wud a 4age 16v clutch and flywheel fit

i would imagine the difference is just the spline size, if so then use the clutch plate from your old G6R engine or a new 4A-GE clutch plate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links