Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso Passenger Seat Stuck

lotusnotes

54 Verso

One of the runners on a passenger seat appears to be stuck although the bar under the seat seems to be working normally and there doesn't appear to be any rubbish under there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I remember my Corolla had a similar problem, when i pulled the handle to move the seat, it seemed to be only attached on one side and seemed hard to move the seat, it came unattached so made the seat harder to move, but once slotted back in, worked fine again, could be the same sort of prob with your car

Bing

:thumbsup:

I own a three door corolla and to date I've had 2 seat base faliures. I presume the mechanism on your seat is the same as mine. if so it may be that one of the pins that that lift's the ratchets out of the runners that allows the seat to move forward and back has snapped off. for some reason thay arent particularly robust in construction! if this is the case if you have a look under your seat with a tourch, follow the line of the seat release handle to the point where it pivots up and down under the seat. if you look along its outer edge a couple inches infront of the pivot point there should be a metal pin that is attached to the seat handle the head of this pin is rounded and fits into a white plastic cup on the seat runners if you look at both sides of the handle it should be obvious if it is missing on the effected side. The other thing to look for is the pin itself it'll probably be under the seat on the floor and is around a cm long with a rounded heat on it, if you find this it'll confirm the above.

The first time this happened to me i had it repaired at a Toyota dealer and it cost me the best part of £300! Having studied the part i dont see why it cant be repaired rather than replacing the whole thing. My drivers seat failed last week, again due to the pin snapping off! I'm considering having it repaired this time rather than replacing the whole seat base, this should work out considerably cheaper if possible.

Hope this helps and isnt too confusing!

54 Verso

One of the runners on a passenger seat appears to be stuck although the bar under the seat seems to be working normally and there doesn't appear to be any rubbish under there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, if it is the pin try welding it back on.

This happened to me on Sunday, and after no luck from any beakers yards, I got a friend to weld it, refitted the bar and it now works again, even the entry into the rear of the car.

Hope this helps