Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Know Of A Good Scratch Remover

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi guys

Has anyone used a scracth remover before for A) deep scratches and B) light scratches?

Which is the best one? And the safest to use?

Just heard of one on youtube called QUIXX scracth remover...seems pretty good...like too good to be true!

thanks...Sam

i could be wrong, but think T-Cut would be good, but i'm sure somebody here will correct me if i am :lol:

i could be wrong, but think T-Cut would be good, but i'm sure somebody here will correct me if i am :lol:

I find that t-cut never works :( but that might just be me :lol:

G3/G10 or the like would be better for geting rid of scratches as they have a 'cutting agent' in them that cuts into the lacquer to help remove scratches...

Rash

G3/G10 or the like would be better for geting rid of scratches as they have a 'cutting agent' in them that cuts into the lacquer to help remove scratches...

Rash

now that stuff is good got some myself works very well :thumbsup:

t-cut is horrific it cuts too much into the paintwork. g3/g10 i think would be too strong also. try Meguiars scratch x 2.0, make sure its x 2.0 since there is an original Meguiars scratch x which isnt as good.

Hi guys

Has anyone used a scracth remover before for A) deep scratches and B) light scratches?

Which is the best one? And the safest to use?

Just heard of one on youtube called QUIXX scracth remover...seems pretty good...like too good to be true!

thanks...Sam

HI SAM

T-CUT COMES IN DIFFERENT TYPES FOR METALIC PAINT AND SOLID PAINT.

HAD BOTH FOR SOME YEARS NOW.THE METALIC ONE IS SO YOU DONT MOVE TO MUCH LACQUER ON THAT FINISH.

THESE WILL NOT REMOVE DEEP SCRATCHES THOUGH.THEY DONT MAKE IT TOO ABRASIVE INCASE YOU GO THROUGH THE TOP COAT.

SORRY ABOUT CAP LOCKS KEYBOARD HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN.

They guys at vehicle maintenance unit at work use a mix of G3 compound with t-cut. It will lift any marks on your paintwork. If its scratches your after removing then get a touch-up pen :thumbsup:

I find that t-cut never works :( but that might just be me :lol:

Mr too, I've never found t-cut to work, maybe it's the new type of paint the use these days. I've even tried the colour polish and that doesn't work either So if anyone has any ideas ?????

What sort of scratch is it?

If its a scractch in the clear coat which you can't feel with your finger nail then most polish will remove, but the job will be easier if used with a polisher either a rotary or DA. I use menzerna range but i am into my detailing & I have a rotary buffer.

If you can feel the scratch with your finger nail therefore its gone through the clear coat and the paint then no polish would remove, its far too deep. The only option here is to get a touch up pen, smooth it back down by wet'n'dry then polish it back up.

:thumbsup:

I would agree with most on here that T-cut is useless and the best way is a rotary polisher but rather than doing it yourself,if you're not confident,get a professional to do it.Much better than burning through the paintwork.Take a look at sites like detailing World to see just what results can be achieved :yes:

Thanks for all the replies...guess no ones used the QUIXX system yet...i have heard og G3/G10 but dont know where to get it from? Am i right in saying they are the same company as 3M? I will do some research. Someone mentioned Meguirs 2.0 too so i'll look into that aswell. As for Tcut...kinda worked on my bright red nissan micra years back but wasnt anything great...found Autoglym renovator polish worked better.

Sammy

I usually try to hide the scratches by waxing over them :lol:

Doesn't work that great but helps and doesn't wear away the paint.

That said, I'm trying to find this stuff that was on Tomorrows World years (decades??) ago - Basically it was for repairing deep scratches on CDs, but instead of polishing them out, it filled the scratch in and set.

I had a tiny bottle of the stuff; Expensive as hell, but worked very well!

Not found it since tho'; Most scratch removers (for cars or CDs!) are really polishes which hide the scratch by scraping away more paint/lacquer until they're the same level as the scratch :(