Do Not Sell My Personal Information

100,000 Miles +

corollavvti

hi, ive got a 2003 rolla and its got full service history, its got 100,000 miles (motorway miles) on the clock

i was wondering if thats a problem for a car like this?

will i lose power? will there be an increase in fuel consumption?

will there be any problems?

im hoping not because its a toyota :) and also its been taken good care of

thanks to people who have already given me advice or help on my first car and also for the people who will help in the future :D

• Like 1

It won't be as responsive or quite as powerful as parts get worn and things start to function a little less efficiently, however I doubt that you will have any problems seeing as these are pretty well bullet proof.

You may notice a slight increase in fuel and oil consumption especially, but not to a major degree. ;)

I hope it give you many more trouble free miles of happy motoring! :D

nothing to worry about, apart from the stated slight increase in fuel and/or oil use. switching to a thicker oil may solve these problems, but from experience and other posts each engine can vary greatly on which oil it prefers.

My 10 year old Corolla is still driving fantastically at 131,000 miles :yahoo:

this response has given me much more confidence with my car, thanks very much :D

nothing to worry about, apart from the stated slight increase in fuel and/or oil use. switching to a thicker oil may solve these problems, but from experience and other posts each engine can vary greatly on which oil it prefers.

oh thanks for the advice :) its toyota so im hoping the car lasts

It won't be as responsive or quite as powerful as parts get worn and things start to function a little less efficiently, however I doubt that you will have any problems seeing as these are pretty well bullet proof.

You may notice a slight increase in fuel and oil consumption especially, but not to a major degree. ;)

thank you very much :)

the quote "bullet proof" made my day :D

thank you very much :)

the quote "bullet proof" made my day :D

My mate is running a 2002 1.4 154,000 miles on it not a bit of trouble just takes oil thats all :lol:

They literally are bulletproof unlike my crappy auris

It's past the 100 000 mark where you really see the differences between the manufacturers. My grandads Vauxhall Omega has been a true tank until about 100000 when it started with a failing Cat, failing water pipe and pump etc. It shows who you should be buying from really. Toyota, that's who! :D

• Like 1

yeh ive just passed 105k on my 2003 tsport and its sound as a pound.

as the miles got higher i noticed engine gets louder but i just put a cone filter on to give it a difrent sound so its not that bad. after i get used to that sound il be changing exhaust lol

the trick is to keep up with oil changes ect and it will run for ever biggrin.gif

• Like 1

the trick is to keep up with oil changes ect and it will run for ever biggrin.gif

+1 to that! I had a mark 2 VW Golf GTi (much better than the newer ones, otherwise I might have stuck with them....) which I bought with 36k miles on it. Ran it for about 6 years during which the oil was changed every 5k miles. Sold it with 172k miles on the clock and it still ran as well as the day I bought it, and didn't use any oil between changes.

I do the same oil change routine with my Corolla and I'm hoping that it will run to a high mileage without any problems. Currently only on 37k miles so should do me for a while yet.

Good to hear that someone looks after their engine so well! :yes:

I won't be leaving the White Top 4A-GE starved of oil or a service ever, if I were to get to the point of not being able to afford to keep it running perfectly I wouldn't drive it, end of. :)

no problem at all, my old one done 1700000miles. hahaha :thumbsup: , no problem at all, still powerful, still very smooth.

but need to be award of the gearbox, and engine oil leak, my old t3 consume engine oil very quickly, but may due to doing lots of motorway each month.

Hello,

My 6 year old T Sport (04) is coming up on 120k in just a few miles, still does not noticeably use any more oil than when it was 18 months when I got it, it was always juicy anyways so can't comment on fuel consumption, the air con still blows cool - never been re-gassed, and apart from leaving the factory with a few problems, once they were ironed out all I've had to do is change oil and filters every 10k and the usual brake pads/discs replacement when required. The exhaust has been sounding baffly for 3 years but still on the original system. Gets lifted and driven hard every single day.

Changed lift bolts at 100k, don't believe the hype - no upward gain in lift, you get used to it so you want more power at the end of the day, so where do you stop with that one? Sky rocket maybe...

Cheers.

• Like 1

ive heard of some celica 190's getting to over 200,000 miles.

WOW at the 251k ....

102k on my T-sport and is no different from when it was on 50 - 60k, Toyota themselves on the otherhand, well thats a different story.

I still don't get the oil issue, mine just does not use much oil at all...... must have one of the good ones.....

• Like 2

• 9 years later...

hi loved the Corolla  tt sport for ages now and looking in to buying one seen one but has 120000 05 reg on the clock is something that could be problem or are they ok at high mileage 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/9/2010 at 1:39 AM, corollavvti said:

hi, ive got a 2003 rolla and its got full service history, its got 100,000 miles (motorway miles) on the clock

im hoping not because its a toyota 🙂 and also its been taken good care of

thanks to people who have already given me advice or help on my first car and also for the people who will help in the future 😄

A mechanic once told me if my car was serviced well and regular it will run forever. I'm on 134k and 16 y/o and she's still a beast 🙌🏻 treat her well and she'll do you good

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 7:01 AM, Ben185 said:

hi loved the Corolla  tt sport for ages now and looking in to buying one seen one but has 120000 05 reg on the clock is something that could be problem or are they ok at high mileage 

Do it

On 8/9/2010 at 1:39 AM, corollavvti said:

im hoping not because its a toyota 🙂 and also its been taken good care of

thanks to people who have already given me advice or help on my first car and also for the people who will help in the future 😄

I ran a 2005 Corolla 1.4 for 120000 miles on top of the 35000 I had on when I bought it. My advice would be services on the dot every 10k and follow the schedule to the letter. Plus v power fuel also made it run better. If never used a drop of oil and consumption stayed at around 40 mpg. Still original clutch too. 

• Like 1

with any car its how you look after it. Regular oil changes a plus.

I had a 1989 Volvo 240 GLT automatic, AW70 petrol estate until 18 months ago when I sold it. This was my daily driver of 8 years and owned by me for 10 years. Bought for £350 and sold for £500. It had 234,000 miles when sold and still drove perfect.

Bought a 1996 Volvo 940 LPT Auto (AW70 gearbox) estate 2.3 for £250 4 years ago as wanted more creature comforts like AC, sunroof and ABS brakes. This has now done  203,000. Again totally reliable redblock. This I use for my self employed business.

Auris bought as wanted something cheap to run, no road tax and A to B car. Bought Toyota as had a new corolla in 2007, bought for reliability.

James.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1994 Corolla GXi with just over 127000 miles on the clock.

It has been in the family since new so I do know its history. I've had it for 13 years. It's been serviced reasonably regularly.

Cam belt has been changed twice 'just in case'.

The engine is absolutely lovely. Still pulls and is powerful and quiet. Lovely. I was told that these engines are pretty sturdy.

It does have other issues at the moment - driveshaft CV joint went a few months ago (repaired and OK now) and it's just failed the MOT on just brakes really (we knew that would be the case but wanted to check there was nothing else wrong with it - there wasn't).

Good luck!

Roger

• Like 1

I think this is generally the case with modern cars - they are now designed to last a lot longer. I remember in the 1960's (gosh I'm old) car engines were very tired at 70k miles, and many were ready for the scrap yard at 10 years old with plenty of rust.

A few years ago I had an old 7 series BMW, it was a '92 model (730 auto). I had it for 15 years and it had well over 250k when I sold it - really because I could not afford the fuel consumption anymore. The car was still running fine and it still had the original stainless steel exhaust.

I have just bought a 2006 Corolla with 100,000 miles and it is fine. The interior is like new. The exterior likewise - except a slight scrape on the side rub strip which I shall get an aerosol for. Its 14 years old. I paid £1500 for it. Probably could have got a cheaper one.