Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic Windows............

Big_Dan

Hi Guys,

I took the new beast to get the windows tinted at the weekend (I like to use the space behind me for storage, but can't use the material cover as my sons car seat is the other side).

Turns out apparently the side windows are plastic!! I'm sure that's not a new find for most people on here, but made life a bit tricky tinting it, as 2 different types of tint were needed....

Not sure of the thinking by Toyota with this deisgn.....

Hi Guys,

I took the new beast to get the windows tinted at the weekend (I like to use the space behind me for storage, but can't use the material cover as my sons car seat is the other side).

Turns out apparently the side windows are plastic!! I'm sure that's not a new find for most people on here, but made life a bit tricky tinting it, as 2 different types of tine were needed....

hi big dan

if they are plastic you will have to be very carefull cleaning them as they will vunerable to fine scratches which stand out in bright sun light.

if toyota are replacing glass with plastic then others will go that way too. it a shame.

Hi Guys,

Turns out apparently the side windows are plastic!! I'm sure that's not a new find for most people on here, but made life a bit tricky tinting it, as 2 different types of tine were needed....

hi big dan

if they are plastic you will have to be very carefull cleaning them as they will vunerable to fine scratches which stand out in bright sun light.

if toyota are replacing glass with plastic then others will go that way too. it a shame.

That's a good point acetip..... Nothing like one extra thing to be careful of when cleaning the car!!

Could be an interesting issue if for some reason you have to replace either side, for instance if someone breaks in through them.......

Are you sure about that? Sure looks like glass to me, it even says Toyota Temperlite which is a trade mark of Asahi Glass company, feels like glass too

Kingo :thumbsup:

Are you sure about that? Sure looks like glass to me, it even says Toyota Temperlite which is a trade mark of Asahi Glass company, feels like glass too

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'd have said it was glass too, but there is a definite noise change when you tap the side window to the back one, the back window was really cold too being early morning, as was the driver and passenger ones, but the side ones weren't..... I think I'll leave it to someone else to find out first hand if there's breaks like glass or plastic though!!

This is useful to know for when I speak to my tint man.

Why tint an already tinted glas (or plastic) ;)

I had a limo tint put on the back, the sides are only about an 80%, so I only had mine done just to make it all the same shade.... plus the guy didn't charge me so seemed a no-brainer

I had a limo tint put on the back, the sides are only about an 80%, so I only had mine done just to make it all the same shade.... plus the guy didn't charge me so seemed a no-brainer

I HAVE HAD ALL OF MY WINDOWS TINTED, THE FRONT, THE SIDE QUATERS AND THE REAR THEY ARE ALL GLASS ON MINE

I HAVE HAD ALL OF MY WINDOWS TINTED, THE FRONT, THE SIDE QUATERS AND THE REAR THEY ARE ALL GLASS ON MINE

That's a nice tint on there Heathie..... calipers look tidy too in the red.

I did consider doing the side windows, but it's a company car, plastered with company numbers, address etc, and if the police ever tugged me, it's just not worth the hassle. Mainly the reason I haven't put the private plate back on either

I did consider doing the side windows, but it's a company car, plastered with company numbers, address etc, and if the police ever tugged me, it's just not worth the hassle. Mainly the reason I haven't put the private plate back on either

What do you think of my front chin spoiler?

Why tint an already tinted glas (or plastic)

Because I want them darker. :)

What do you think of my front chin spoiler?

Morning Heathie,

If I'm honest, I'm not sure. That's not a criticism by any means, it looks a nice job you've done, are there any other angles you have showing it? Always good to see it from different views.

Thanks,