Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Help!

SambaG

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me out with my problem. The radio screen on my Corolla has somehow decided to stop working so I have no idea what is being played etc. and I thought that instead of tryig to repair it, I would just replace it. The only problem is that I don't really have any idea how to do it or whether it's even possible. I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla T-Spirit 1.4 from the UK. I know that the common way to do this is to remove the centre air con knob and do some jiggery pokery with the gear knob but I can't remove the air con knob as I have climate control. An explanation of how to change the radio would be much appreciated! :)

If you did a search, you could of found it really quickly, but lucky for you, most of them would of pointed towards me anyway :lol:

Here's a LINKY to help you along, and if you look at my signature, you will find a few other links that could help you along as well

Bing

:thumbsup:

If you did a search, you could of found it really quickly, but lucky for you, most of them would of pointed towards me anyway :lol:

Here's a LINKY to help you along, and if you look at my signature, you will find a few other links that could help you along as well

Bing

:thumbsup:

Thanks A LOAD! :) It was really starting to bug me. Now it's time to find a radio that I like for the car but at least I know how to remove the old one. I did 'Google it' but it was all for standard air con centre console removal that doesnt really help a lot. Now I don't have to worry about wrecking the entire dashboard. Thanks again :D

First of all are you sure that your screen is broken/damaged and has stopped working?

There is a little trick in the OEM radioCDs of the E12s. If you press the volume button continuously for 3-4 secs then the light of the screen turns off. If you press it again continuously for 3-4 secs then it turns on again.

Is there any possibility that you did by mistake something like this?

I have an E12 built 2004 myself and I am an admin at www.corollaclub.com in Greece and never heard of the screen of the radioCd to fail...

• 2 weeks later...

First of all are you sure that your screen is broken/damaged and has stopped working?

There is a little trick in the OEM radioCDs of the E12s. If you press the volume button continuously for 3-4 secs then the light of the screen turns off. If you press it again continuously for 3-4 secs then it turns on again.

Is there any possibility that you did by mistake something like this?

I have an E12 built 2004 myself and I am an admin at www.corollaclub.com in Greece and never heard of the screen of the radioCd to fail...

Yeah sorry. I think I had knocked it quite hard. I tried the button thing but it didn't help. I thinnk replacing the radio is probably a better upgrade for the car as whole anyway. It will improve the car's overall feel inside-at least I hope it will anyway :D Thanks anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links