Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does It Have.

RNS

hello everyone.....

3 weeks until i get my car finger cross just looking over the spec again does the prius come with tyre pressure monitor ?

just come back from Holland lots of hybrids there's....... but ever more push bikes what's that all about.

PS. little question at the age of 26 will I be the youngest prius owner on here ?

hello everyone.....

3 weeks until i get my car finger cross just looking over the spec again does the prius come with tyre pressure monitor ?

just come back from Holland lots of hybrids there's....... but ever more push bikes what's that all about.

PS. little question at the age of 26 will I be the youngest prius owner on here ?

Certainly a few decades younger than me. lol

:yes:

does the prius come with tyre pressure monitor ?

Not in the UK.

Not you on a test drive I hope................... :eek:

In the Netherlands it is very flat and from small children, everyone is encouraged to use a bicycle, it's cheaper than a car, more environmentally friendly and keeps you fitter (so I'm told)

As for being the youngest Prius owner??? Why should you be? They are actually pretty pokey off the mark... Bear in mind that with electric you get the whole torque from the word go, and then with the petrol as well..... Don't forget that Clarkson isn't interested unless the car costs over 100k so he wasn't going to like it before he even saw it!!!!

Ps for those that don't realise by my name, I am Dutch.

Your are right about the cheap bit. I didn't bother getting my driving license until I was 22, had a proper job and could afford running a car. There isn't that fascination of needing to drive when you are 17. You see lots of hybrids and small cars purely due to how taxation works. Taxation is very very high both on purchase and running costs.

Actually the torque from the little electric engine was rather disappointing in my experience, but I guess it all depends what your reference is.

<snip>

Actually the torque from the little electric engine was rather disappointing in my experience, but I guess it all depends what your reference is.

Acceleration off the lights? The Prius can be a little deceptive, as the electric motors are very quiet, in normal driving (whatever that is?) you can get up to the speed limit before you realise it, and without the really noisy engine growl drama of an ordinary car. The 0 - 60 mph time on paper is also not too bad for a family hatchback automatic, I think my Honda Civic auto was a bit slower, but granted it doesn't compete against the sub 10 sec of some "family" cars! :rolleyes:

My experience is with a Gen 2, so I don't know if the feel of acceleration has changed much on the Gen 3.

Push bikes are good!

Strangely enough, I pick my new one up from Halfords this morning!!!!!

I've been told that I need to exercise more after my heart attack and I used to enjoy cycling before I learnt to drive so..... BUT ffs have you seen the price of some bikes these days, wow and more wow!!!!

Oh don't get me wrong, it is definitely not bad for it's class/engine capacity and I guess enough. I just think it is a bit of an urban legend the mighty torque of an electric engine. Which to be fair it has when comparing like for like, but it still isn't really that much but yes for a tiny 1.8 engine not bad.

Yes you can spend thousands, however even my normal bike from holland was expensive but although there were no hills, the conditions were harsh and the bike always left outside. I think the problem with a lot of the bikes now is all the suspension and fancy looking breaking. At the lower price range it just makes it heavy and not very good. Especially the dual suspension setups, on the road they work against you. Actually in many situations they work against you. Yet people seem to like the advanced look of them.

Perhaps I am old and grumpy, but I'd have a quality frame with rigid forks, decent tyres, saddle and vbrakes any day.

Oh don't get me wrong, it is definitely not bad for it's class/engine capacity and I guess enough. I just think it is a bit of an urban legend the mighty torque of an electric engine. Which to be fair it has when comparing like for like, but it still isn't really that much but yes for a tiny 1.8 engine not bad.

Yes you can spend thousands, however even my normal bike from holland was expensive but although there were no hills, the conditions were harsh and the bike always left outside. I think the problem with a lot of the bikes now is all the suspension and fancy looking breaking. At the lower price range it just makes it heavy and not very good. Especially the dual suspension setups, on the road they work against you. Actually in many situations they work against you. Yet people seem to like the advanced look of them.

Perhaps I am old and grumpy, but I'd have a quality frame with rigid forks, decent tyres, saddle and vbrakes any day.

That's what I've bought! No suspension, proper mudguards, no knobby tyros, a good old fashioned proper looking bicycle!!

I'll leave the technology to my Prius!

Excellent! Very energy efficient that way as you don't loose it through those knobbly tyres, which don't grip on the road and don't stop well either, and all the other unnecessary bits. Do the lights work of a wheel friction powered dyno or batteries rolleyes.gif

You are good to go cycling, we live in a beautiful part of the UK (just like Essex can be) but there are too many boy racers on the lanes that just scare me on a bicycle...

Excellent! Very energy efficient that way as you don't loose it through those knobbly tyres, which don't grip on the road and don't stop well either, and all the other unnecessary bits. Do the lights work of a wheel friction powered dyno or batteries rolleyes.gif

You are good to go cycling, we live in a beautiful part of the UK (just like Essex can be) but there are too many boy racers on the lanes that just scare me on a bicycle...

Question of having to I'm afraid, have to exercise more since a heart attack!

No fitted lights, so I'm going to go for the led type, my one concession to technology on the bike - led's really stand out and don't eat batteries either.

Maybe I'll upset everyone later And post a pic of it lol

I don't think you will, you can start a 'My Other Rides' thread thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you've recovered well, pleased to hear that, bet it was a scare...

I've lived and worked in Holland and you don't need a car there.

The railways are excellent, there's a station everywhere, and it's flat enough to cycle to get to them.

I don't think you will, you can start a 'My Other Rides' thread thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you've recovered well, pleased to hear that, bet it was a scare...

I am recovering slowly thanks. Picked the bike up about an hour ago and rode it home!! 4 miles gently in 20 mins. That will get quicker I hope

I've lived and worked in Holland and you don't need a car there.

The railways are excellent, there's a station everywhere, and it's flat enough to cycle to get to them.

Guess you lived in a town ;-) I crew up outside a town in the country side, had to cycle 10 miles each way every day to school sun, wind, rain, snow, hail didn't matter...People only had one car and my dad took it to work...No councils paying for taxis, no school buses, just your bike....

Likewise going out in the evenings, nearest club was about 45 minute cycle ride away...You just did that...But trust me, it may be flat but that also means the wind really can pick up nice when you have it in your back, not so nice otherwise...