Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.8 Vvtl-I T Sport

enyajtrebor

Looking at purchasing a post 2004 plate 1.8 VVti Sport.

Do they suffer from oil burning problems like the normal 1.8 VVti and anything we need to look out for

Thanks for any help

Do they suffer from oil burning problems like the normal 1.8 VVti and anything we need to look out for

Thanks for any help

I've never needed to top up my 02 T-sport with oil between services and theres now 120k miles on the clock.

When you're testing it, just make sure you let it warm up to normal, then give her some welly and you should feel a real surge of power ("lift") when it reachs 6.3k revs! Other than that just do the normal checks when you're buying any second hand car...

Edit:- make sure the heater works and gets fully hot... Some have had problems with inside rads...

Thanks for any help

No.... that was an issue on early Avensis & Celica engines thumbsup.gif

be sure the vent next to the drivers windows kicks out hot air.make sure the seats move properly .

i change the oil every 10,000 miles, it takes about 4.2l, so i buy 5l, then top it up after about 7000 miles with the bit of oil thats left over.

Wouldnt say it uses lots of oil, just best to keep it full.

and as other people have said, make sure you hit lift just after 6000rpm, and i think the slider pins were a problem on some of the older tsports

i change the oil every 10,000 miles, it takes about 4.2l, so i buy 5l, then top it up after about 7000 miles with the bit of oil thats left over.

Wouldnt say it uses lots of oil, just best to keep it full.

and as other people have said, make sure you hit lift just after 6000rpm, and i think the slider pins were a problem on some of the older tsports

Seat slider pins?

You will need to order in new pins from Mr. T, they have snapped if it won't slide anymore, a common weakness. :(

Thanks for any help

sent a PM!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links