Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina Starting Problem

NoddysHIACE

This Carina has been in the family for the past 13 years, its a Carina E 2l GLI on a P-reg 1996 model..

i was changing the dash time clock light bulb, after fitting the new bulb, i could smell something burning, and i spotted abit of smoke coming from the of the dash clock, i removed the new bulb. I started the car and moved it about 3 car distance. I changed put the tools away planning on going back to the motor spare shop to get another bulb, but to my shock the car was starting!! everytime i turn the key, the ignition lights stay bright, so i know the Battery aint weak, also got plenty of fuel, but it just wount fire up!!

ive checked the fuses, they visably look ok, but is there anything else i should be looking at?

This Carina has been in the family for the past 13 years, its a Carina E 2l GLI on a P-reg 1996 model..

i was changing the dash time clock light bulb, after fitting the new bulb, i could smell something burning, and i spotted abit of smoke coming from the of the dash clock, i removed the new bulb. I started the car and moved it about 3 car distance. I changed put the tools away planning on going back to the motor spare shop to get another bulb, but to my shock the car was starting!! everytime i turn the key, the ignition lights stay bright, so i know the battery aint weak, also got plenty of fuel, but it just wount fire up!!

ive checked the fuses, they visably look ok, but is there anything else i should be looking at?

Did you disconnect the Battery at any point?