Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After 3 Months Of Aygo Ownership...

PumpkinSteve

...I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of this car, my main complaints are:

1. It costs £150 more to insure than my 1.3 Yaris SR

2. It gives less MPG that my Yaris (49 MPG for Aygo, 51 MPG for Yaris)

3. It's much more poorly built that other Toyota models, we have to deal with clutch, water pump and water ingress problems. A new Yaris TR 1.3 costs £9800, the top end Aygo costs about £9000.

Had I realised all of the above earlier I would've simply bought another 1.3 Yaris or even an Auris. Yes the cheaper tax on the Aygo is excellent but in my case the extra £150 to insure obviously outweighs any savings I have made here. At this moment I'm probably going to stump up the cash to pay off half on the finance and then return the car within a before the car is a year old.

Hiya, I can't understand why your onsurance is higher for the Aygo, when we bought my wife's blue a couple of months ago she got a refund on her insurance - granted only 10 quid, but the Aygo was cheaper to insure than her old Suzuki Alto....

As for the other items you mention, so far we've had no problems..... You guys will be the 2nd to hear about them if we do :thumbsup:

I wouldn’t buy one either and the poor build quality is down to its French DNA (Citroen an Peugeot), the 1.33 Yaris is in a different class and only £10 a year more to tax so the cheaper tax debate is a non starter. Can you trade it in for a new Yaris?

the poor build quality is down to its French DNA
Does that mean the over inflated pricing is down to Toyota ripping people off, £8,220 for a 3 door compared to £6,495 for a C1?

I wouldn’t buy one either and the poor build quality is down to its French DNA (Citroen an Peugeot), the 1.33 Yaris is in a different class and only £10 a year more to tax so the cheaper tax debate is a non starter. Can you trade it in for a new Yaris?

I don't think I can trade it in, I have it on PCP rather than standard finance...

Does that mean the over inflated pricing is down to Toyota ripping people off, £8,220 for a 3 door compared to £6,495 for a C1?

The basic Aygo costs £6800.

The £6495 price on a C1 reflects the entry level basic model 3 door. If you look at their pricing policy, the prices go very sharply from £6495 for a 3 dr to £8845 for a 5 door, and is only available at SELECTED dealers, I would suspect that there would only be a few 3 doors available at this price, with "upselling" to a higher spec for more money. The Aygo entry level spec is better than the C1 and warranty is far better. You will also find that most of Citroens offers are tailored towards finance, the 0% offers are not available on entry level models

Kingo :thumbsup:

I just went tot he Toyota and Citroen websites to find the lowest price Aygo £8,220 (there is not one for £6880 on the website), and C1.

The Aygo entry level spec is better than the C1 and warranty is far better
So Toyota are adding some value for the extra money. I was responding to the theory that Toyota have little quality control input to a product sold with their Badge on

You pay the extra for this...

TRD.gif

I just went tot he Toyota and Citroen websites to find the lowest price Aygo £8,220 (there is not one for £6880 on the website), and C1.

The Aygo entry level spec is better than the C1 and warranty is far better
So Toyota are adding some value for the extra money. I was responding to the theory that Toyota have little quality control input to a product sold with their Badge on

I'm not talking about OTR prices, I'm talking abut the price that the dealer will do it for. Dealerships will sell them for £6800, I know this for a fact and I paid £8300 for my 5-dr Blue.