Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Light Kits - 2 Silly Questions For The Price Of One :(

conorbuzz

Ok, so followed the OEM Fog light install instruction for a Rav4 4.3(Most will of seen them) and changed it around a bit coz I;m in Ireland and some parts on on the "Wrong" side ;)

Here is my Question

Do I have to install the switch for it to work, I know ZERO about car wiring diagrams.

I'm happy with the little symbol on the dash,

From reading and re reading the instructions it seem if the Rav has the Grey wire already in point 4 , then I just to connect the lights to the OEM connectors under the bumper , put in the relay and the fuse and i should be good to go?

But I'm not:(Any ideas, do I really have to take a file to my dash and put in the swithes?

Also, as a bonus silly question, what do the other 3 large blue relays behind the glove box do. So say it's Auto lights, some say it's Auto door lock, most say no idea. lol

Hi there

Did you go to www.toyota-tech.eu search aim, then Rav 4 ,fog lights this will show you how to install fog lights in your Rav

If you are following these instructions you need a switch to energise the relay to bring on the lights,

in my experience you do not have to file the edges just put in the switch and see does it fit

Generally speaking you need a fuse a switch wire a relay and a ground to wire fog lights in a car

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Ok, so followed the OEM Fog light install instruction for a Rav4 4.3(Most will of seen them) and changed it around a bit coz I;m in Ireland and some parts on on the "Wrong" side ;)

Here is my Question

Do I have to install the switch for it to work, I know ZERO about car wiring diagrams.

I'm happy with the little symbol on the dash,

From reading and re reading the instructions it seem if the Rav has the Grey wire already in point 4 , then I just to connect the lights to the OEM connectors under the bumper , put in the relay and the fuse and i should be good to go?

But I'm not:(Any ideas, do I really have to take a file to my dash and put in the swithes?

Also, as a bonus silly question, what do the other 3 large blue relays behind the glove box do. So say it's Auto lights, some say it's Auto door lock, most say no idea. lol

Sorry mate can't help much with your wiring, but if you do need to fit a switch can you not use one of the blanks to the right of your steering column (where your dash brightness + H/lamp level switches are located) these just lift out and you can buy a suitable switch or drill the blank + fit switch of your choice..RS components can be found on line + seem to do switches for every application known to man..hope this helps :thumbsup: Stew

In the genuine Toyota Fog Lamp kits you do get a new switch that goes into where one of those blanks are on the dash like Local Hero says

The fitting instructions are 2.2 MB so wont post on here, if you PM me an email address I will send it to you

Kingo :thumbsup:

Done!

Bit the bullet,

Ripped the switch apart, wire pin4 to ground, even have a illumated switch delighted.

Now ....The green symbol that the front light , and when I turn the innner ring on the headlights stalk I get an orange foglight symbol but......does not :(

Any ideas?

Now ....The green symbol that the front light , and when I turn the innner ring on the headlights stalk I get an orange foglight symbol but......does not :(

Any ideas?

Just run that by us again???........... :unsure:

LOL

Sorry! :(

So on the left stalk, the one that is the indicator and the lights. I have a second rotating dial that has off and a fog light symbol that "Shines" left. When I turn this I get an orange fog light symbol on my dash.

Now from my recent wiring fun I have front fog lights( thanks to all who helped:))

But I've no idea what this Orange for light does! I'm assuming it's rear fogs but when I turn the stalk and get the organe fog light nothing happens at the rear of the rav!

Green = Front= Working

Orange =????(Back) = Nothing

Does that help?

C

It does - yes I'm with you now :thumbsup:

The orange one is indeed the rear fog lights. They should come on with the sidelights so sidelights first then rotate the rear fog switch. If not try the bulb first then the relay. If the light on the dash works it suggests that the switch is working OK.

They are required by law to self cancel when you turn the sidelights off.