Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rough Drive Under 40Mph , Turbo? - T180

SMH13

Hello

Have been very impressed with my first Toyota (Rav T180), however, in the last couple of months it seems to be a rough drive! :(

It is very slow pulling off from 1st gear, starts shuddering like i'm in the wrong gear if i'm going 40mph in 4th gear, or going round a corner in 2nd gear.

However, as soon as I go over 40 it goes like a rocket ship !

The turbo seems to be working, however in low gears in short journeys it seems rough!

Someone has mentioned it could be the valve in the turbo??

Any help is appreciated, used to be fab !

Thank YOu

Hello

Have been very impressed with my first Toyota (Rav T180), however, in the last couple of months it seems to be a rough drive! :(

It is very slow pulling off from 1st gear, starts shuddering like i'm in the wrong gear if i'm going 40mph in 4th gear, or going round a corner in 2nd gear.

The turbo seems to be working, however in low gears in short journeys it seems rough!

Thank YOu

What age and mileage is this car?

First thing - if you're putting supermarket diesel in it stop and start putting a decent brand in and better still, put high grade stuff in.

Before we get heavy with it, some owners are claiming success with injector cleaners and knowing how well it works with petrols, I am quite open minded. Halfords do this;

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165750_productId_189098_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Google%20Product%20Search-_-Engine+Oils+%26+Additives%2FMaintenance+Fluids+%26+Additives-_-Na-_-Wynns+Injector+Cleaner+For+Diesel+325ml&source=shopping&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=lwrppw&istBid=t

Try it as directed and let us know how you go on. If its no good we can think again.

Hello

Thank YOu

First thing - if you're putting supermarket diesel in it stop and start putting a decent brand in and better still, put high grade stuff in.

Before we get heavy with it, some owners are claiming success with injector cleaners and knowing how well it works with petrols, I am quite open minded. Halfords do this;

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165750_productId_189098_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Google%20Product%20Search-_-Engine+Oils+%26+Additives%2FMaintenance+Fluids+%26+Additives-_-Na-_-Wynns+Injector+Cleaner+For+Diesel+325ml&source=shopping&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=lwrppw&istBid=t

Try it as directed and let us know how you go on. If its no good we can think again.

2006, 44K , could it be the EGR valve ? friend has an Avensis T180 and his was blocked.

Will try you suggestion, Thanks

Hello

Thank YOu

2006, 44K , could it be the EGR valve ? friend has an Avensis T180 and his was blocked.

I have T180 same age/mileage and had EGR problems a couple of months back. The car went in to limp mode and started showing VSC warnings on the display stating 'check system' the local Toyota dealership cleaned and restored this for free. This was caused by low grade supermarket fuel over 3 years

On a seperate note, I am going to try a bottle of diesel injector cleaner from Halfords. I'm intrigued to see if this makes a difference....

Hope you get it sorted

Blue

Hello

Thank YOu

I have T180 same age/mileage and had EGR problems a couple of months back. The car went in to limp mode and started showing VSC warnings on the display stating 'check system' the local Toyota dealership cleaned and restored this for free. This was caused by low grade supermarket fuel over 3 years

On a seperate note, I am going to try a bottle of diesel injector cleaner from Halfords. I'm intrigued to see if this makes a difference....

Hope you get it sorted

Blue

That's interesting, didn't realise what an effect cheap fuel had!