Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dab Radio

PatW

Does anyone have the DAB radio add on for their 3rd gen Prius? I was thinking of buying it but it costs £500 which seems very expensive.

I presume there might be other after market options at lower cost.

cheers

Are DABs available for cars already? I must admit I don't keep up with motoring mags etc,. but I was under the impression that the switch off for radio had been postponed for the time being

Yeah they are, at leaste in theory. It's listed as an option in the Prius brochure, and the dealer quoted me some ridiculous price like £500 for it.

Yeah they are, at leaste in theory. It's listed as an option in the Prius brochure, and the dealer quoted me some ridiculous price like £500 for it.

mmmmm, methinks I'd leave it.... we have a DAB radio indoors and frankly the reception quality is crap - it's supposed to be interferance free - bullsshhhh etc.... it's not! and if the reception in cars is anything like we have at home then there's no way I'd pay 500 quid for it!!

We ordered the option for ours, but it is still on the Aurelia hopefully will make it here in time for first sep. I can let you know then, especially in combination with the jbl upgrade as well :-)

mmmmm, methinks I'd leave it.... we have a DAB radio indoors and frankly the reception quality is crap - it's supposed to be interferance free - bullsshhhh etc.... it's not! and if the reception in cars is anything like we have at home then there's no way I'd pay 500 quid for it!!

And you live in the South East where reception is much better than anywhere else! DAB should be reported to the advertising standards watchdog for misrepresentation. Interference free? ha ha, digital sound quality? lol don't make me laugh. Half of it is in mono and the rest is so compressed as to be dreadful.

DAB is outdated technology and it struggles to work properly. I'll stick to fm for now thanks.

Haven't tried it in the car admittedly but works brilliant where we live and that is out in the sticks....Sound quality is much better on the channels we are interested in BBC 11 thumbsup.gif especially at volume 11 toast.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links