Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whiteboard Girl Hoax Fools Thousands On Net

Raistlin

_48700504_amazing-girl-quits-30.jpg

A series of photographs, allegedly from a woman quitting her post by exposing her sexist boss, has been exposed as an elaborate hoax.

The images showed a girl called Jenny holding up a whiteboard message to her former boss Spencer saying his "breath smells" and had demotivated staff.

The pictures quickly went viral with more than 360,000 "likes" on Facebook.

But after internet detectives started digging, the site hosting the images admitted the entire event was staged.

The Chive website posted a story on 9 August which contained 33 photographs of a woman calling herself Jenny holding up a whiteboard with a series of messages aimed at her boss, where she claimed he spent hours playing online games, sapped staff morale and that workers talked about him behind his back.

Duped The site became an overnight internet sensation.

_48700567_chivejenny.jpg

The advert seeking a 21 - 25 year old female model However, many users questioned the legitimacy of the story, especially as the owners of the site in question had made up a story that the tycoon Donald Trump had left a $10,000 tip on an $82 bill.

The story was picked up by a number of media outlets, including Fox News, although a brief investigation by the Los Angeles Times proved the story to be false.

While many traditional media outlets ran this latest story as "fact", other sites with longer memories stared to do a little digging.

A copy of an advert placed by co-owner of The Chive, John Rezig, Looking for a "girl next door model type" was then posted on-line.

A few hours later, the site admitted the entire thing had been staged and "Jenny" was, in fact, a young model called Elyse Porterfield.

"I've had a blast and, more than anything, I hope you've been entertained," she wrote in a new set of photographs admitting the hoax.

Me! Me! Me! Pretty please rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Strange that thought hadn't crossed me mind...

Nope, Not a chance...

Me! Me! Me! Pretty please rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Strange that thought hadn't crossed me mind...

Nope, Not a chance...

Have a rethink about that <_< Otherwise I might come all over abusive, sarcastic & generally nasty :ph34r::boxing::angel_not:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links