Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jamming Dvd

Dave R.

Once is unfortunate, twice is coincidence..... I burned a pile of MP3 files onto a DVD to play on the CD player in my GenIII T-Spirit. On two occasions now, the player has got confused after a little while and stopped playing. Try to eject the disk and the front panel opens (as it should) but the disk gets jammed on the way out (it's as though the disk has ejected before the front panel finished opening properly). Both times I managed to get the disk back into the player, and stopping and restarting the car got the player to reset, allowing me to eject the disk.

I tried copying the files from the DVD on my laptop & picked up some CRC errors, so I guess the original recording wasn't too clever... but this shouldn't account for disks getting stuck in the machine.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I must admit I don't use the CD very often (as I use the HD instead), but it is strange that this jamming of the disk door has only happened when using DVDs.

Once is unfortunate, twice is coincidence..... I burned a pile of MP3 files onto a DVD to play on the CD player in my GenIII T-Spirit. On two occasions now, the player has got confused after a little while and stopped playing. Try to eject the disk and the front panel opens (as it should) but the disk gets jammed on the way out (it's as though the disk has ejected before the front panel finished opening properly). Both times I managed to get the disk back into the player, and stopping and restarting the car got the player to reset, allowing me to eject the disk.

I tried copying the files from the DVD on my laptop & picked up some CRC errors, so I guess the original recording wasn't too clever... but this shouldn't account for disks getting stuck in the machine.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I must admit I don't use the CD very often (as I use the HD instead), but it is strange that this jamming of the disk door has only happened when using DVDs.

I had the very same problem with the reader continue to make a noise while I waited for it to eject. Had switch off and re-start to reset. Decided not to bother again. The HDD is a real waste of effort since you can only copy CD's. All of my CD's are already in MP3 format now with the CD's in a dark recess of the loft. Of course all my new music is bought on line. Toyota seem to be stuck in the 90's when CD's came out, I dont think they understand that CD's only have a few years left.

I've always been under the impression that you couldn't use cd-r's in a car cd player??? Or has that changed now?? Or maybe I'm missing that you're putting a DVD into a CD player???

Can't you plug an mp3 player into the gen3?? I use mine all the time in my gen2.

I've always been under the impression that you couldn't use cd-r's in a car cd player??? Or has that changed now?? Or maybe I'm missing that you're putting a DVD into a CD player???

Can't you plug an mp3 player into the gen3?? I use mine all the time in my gen2.

The Prius supports CD-r's (or should that be CD+R's!) as you are able to put MP3 files onto CD & read them. The disk drive in the T-Spirit (may be other models too) is actually a DVD reader, so it is possible to put MP3 files onto DVD rather than CD. There is a limit to the number of mp3 files that the software on the stereo can cope with (around 250). There was a thread about this but I can't seem to locate it.

RE using an MP3 player (via Aux input) - yes, I do it all the time (iPod shuffle for listening to bbc podcasts). I also have an iPod nano, but don't bother with it in the car as I find the output volume is too low.

Dave, thanks for the info. seems my techie knowledge is a little out of date :) I'll remember for when my g en2 grows up to a 3 .....

My Gen 2's JBL 6-disc changer can read CD-RW disc media formatted as a data CD containing MP3 files.

The Prius supports CD-r's (or should that be CD+R's!)

CD-R is right. There isn't a + format for CDs, only DVDs.

For those interested, Wikipdia has a good write up of the various DVD formats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links