Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Satnav Voice Recognition

Denpar

Hi Everyone, I'm a new member wishing to introduce myself, and to ask for your help regarding satnav voice commands.

I now own my fourth Avensis and prior to that had a Carina E. Each has been a very practical, reliable, and well appointed car. The latest one is a 57 plate 1.8 TR (Petrol), and the first that I've not had from new. Incedentally, the last Avensis was converted to LPG and served me brilliantly for 115 000 miles.

Before buying this latest car, the spec the Toyota dealer published on the internet inluded "TNS700 satnav with motorway mode and voice recognition".

Now I'm delighted with the car, but I can see no reference to the voice recognition bit, except a small section in the general handbook, as opposed to the audio one, which relates to radio commands. I believe there should also be a "voice activation" button on the steering wheel, but there isn't. Could someone please clarify the situation for me, and is it possible to retro fit this feature. I'm assuming the "motorway mode" bit is that nifty little depiction of the carriageway that comes on at motorway junctions.

Thanks in anticipation.

Denpar

Suggest you go back to the dealer....

Hello, i'm a new member having bought a 2006 T4 Avensis about a month ago from local agents. I have voice recognition fitted to the car, complete with steering wheel control but it does not work. There is no 'beep' when I press the button and nothing happens. So far as I can understand from the handbook, it is related to the satnav in some way, but I do not yet have the satnav instructions. I can just about get the satnav to work on a basic level but is there something I should do in order to get the voice recognition working? I assume the voice recognition only controls the radio/dvd side of things or does it also control the satnav when it's working?

I was also interested to see that you ran your previous Avensis on LPG. I have all the LPG fittings, including tank etc. from my previous car and was thinking of having it fitted (my car is auto and high on fuel consumption). I'm a little afraid that the Avensis might be too sophisticated to fit LPG, in that the sensors etc. could pick up all sorts of anomalies.

I had the sat nav rec, could never get it to reconize my voice if i recall the mic is in the front roof area near the roof light, but as i say it never worked and i gave up of frustration, ,so i not much help and the hand book well one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links