Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor The Works

leebo

today the compressor went in for a measure for her new custom ss exhaust. with money being tight im doing it section at a time this month will be 2 x custom made backboxs keeping the original tte tail pipes as to try to keep noise levels at a reasonable level.next month will be to the rest of the pipe to the manifold changing the center cat to a small box keeping the lambda's sensor working without getting engine fault codes( tryed and tested on a yaris tsport) while at SC performance the guys had a poke around under the bonnet and come back with moving the Battery into the boot, thus having more space to bring the k&n closer to the front of the car in the space where the Battery would have been, then a cold air feed brought up from behind the fog light but keeping the foggy working just drilling around the black fog light surround with enough bend to stop water being sucked up. the guys suggested taking the supercharger pully off and to make a bit smaller but having to look into that as not sure if a solid pully would be a good idea or a bad idea either way if it needs a electromagnetic clutch type or not they can fabricate one for less then £60. i will post pictures up of the progress as it happens. :yahoo:

today the compressor went in for a measure for her new custom ss exhaust. with money being tight im doing it section at a time this month will be 2 x custom made backboxs keeping the original tte tail pipes as to try to keep noise levels at a reasonable level.next month will be to the rest of the pipe to the manifold changing the center cat to a small box keeping the lambda's sensor working without getting engine fault codes( tryed and tested on a yaris tsport) while at SC performance the guys had a poke around under the bonnet and come back with moving the battery into the boot, thus having more space to bring the k&n closer to the front of the car in the space where the battery would have been, then a cold air feed brought up from behind the fog light but keeping the foggy working just drilling around the black fog light surround with enough bend to stop water being sucked up. the guys suggested taking the supercharger pully off and to make a bit smaller but having to look into that as not sure if a solid pully would be a good idea or a bad idea either way if it needs a electromagnetic clutch type or not they can fabricate one for less then £60. i will post pictures up of the progress as it happens. :yahoo:

get some 5-3" on the back they look mint and fill the bumper nice. :yahoo:

post-44294-128163437425_thumb.jpg

Sweet! Loved seeing you blast off in that thing! Was a seriously quick motor. :thumbsup:

Now it will hopefully sound just as good as it goes. :D

indeed, my bodge on welding up the original tte back box has started to get on my nerves which got me down to SC performance today. day off well spent :thumbsup: . it goes in monday to have the exhaust done so will post some pics then. cant wait!!

Can you buy the little box to remove the cat without getting a cel come on?

these guys are making this center box from scratch. will take some snaps of it when its finished,

nice mate, i had the tte tailpipes polished up and fitted back on to my system, as they look plush in the arches and have a slightly golden finish. How easy is it to move the Battery though?

Let us know about the pulley if they can fabricate a solid one, i know a few people on here have a smaller solid pulley for constant boost. However I thought that if you changed the pulley to get more boost, then you needed an intercooler fitting because the increase boost heats the air too much and the fuel starts pinking. With an intercooler added after the pulley, its a necessity to then fork out for a piggyback ecu and remap it. Or so i have been told?!

yes if you up the boost you do need to fit an intercooler as you end up pushing to much hot air in but then you need to add more fuel when i did mine with out the piggy back ecu i got faults coming up of lean mixture which confirms it does need a piggy back ecu the increase the fuel.

at the end of the day if you put more air in you gotta put more fuel in to get some gains .but it does make a big difference the pulling power after the mods is such a big difference . :thumbsup:

well stu from scp is looking into which is more benifical solid or the clutch type, that sorta thing goes rite over my head . he did mention fmi with a remap to the original ecu. moving Battery is same as running a sub from your boot to engine bay says the bloke thats done it for 20 years lol , maybe a 1 spanner haynes rating for him but a 5 spanner for me lol just in reverse and a lll bit of welding and losing your spare tyre but i dont drive with mine any way and then turning the supercharger inletpipes forward,

nice mate, i had the tte tailpipes polished up and fitted back on to my system, as they look plush in the arches and have a slightly golden finish. How easy is it to move the battery though?

Let us know about the pulley if they can fabricate a solid one, i know a few people on here have a smaller solid pulley for constant boost. However I thought that if you changed the pulley to get more boost, then you needed an intercooler fitting because the increase boost heats the air too much and the fuel starts pinking. With an intercooler added after the pulley, its a necessity to then fork out for a piggyback ecu and remap it. Or so i have been told?!

keeping the original tte tail pipes was the 1st thing i said... hell they loooooooooook sweeeeeeet

yes if you up the boost you do need to fit an intercooler as you end up pushing to much hot air in but then you need to add more fuel when i did mine with out the piggy back ecu i got faults coming up of lean mixture which confirms it does need a piggy back ecu the increase the fuel.

at the end of the day if you put more air in you gotta put more fuel in to get some gains .but it does make a big difference the pulling power after the mods is such a big difference . :thumbsup:

good to know bout the piggy.

nice mate, i had the tte tailpipes polished up and fitted back on to my system, as they look plush in the arches and have a slightly golden finish. How easy is it to move the battery though?

keeping the original tte tail pipes was the 1st thing i said... hell they loooooooooook sweeeeeeet

yeh man, gotta keep them as i think they look sweet as. I am liking the removing Battery to rear idea, as instead of trying to get a smaller Battery putting it in the back would just sort the intake problem out altogether. Just a case of extending some wires? Might ask the guys down the local garage.

have you replaced the cat section yet?

if so, then i might be interested in purchasing the original cat from you.

how are you replacing it section by section? i was told that the exhaust system is all in one. are you welding it or was that just wrong?

Phoenixz

rear back box section 1st. then the rest from the manifold down, will be next month that section gets changed will let you know.

are you going to change the CAT or use orginal CAT??

i am going to customize my exhaust as well, but dont want to get faulty code

Also how much you exhaust cost??

Cheers

keeping front cat just changing the back cat. going into Sc performance tomoro so will let you know

have you replaced the cat section yet?

if so, then i might be interested in purchasing the original cat from you.

how are you replacing it section by section? i was told that the exhaust system is all in one. are you welding it or was that just wrong?

Phoenixz

2 parts.. center pipes with cats and rear back box section

keeping front cat just changing the back cat. going into Sc performance tomoro so will let you know

cheers it will be very helpful!!!! and photo, thx :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ok so the beaut has gone into sc performance for the price. £290 for the rear section 2 x custom box's piping and labour cutting off original tte tail pipes and weldingthem onto the new back box's and a few other bits. so she goes in tuesday morning for some pampering. the center section is still being designed by the boys at scp but should be no more then £250.

yeah seems to be ok and for the work involved. kinda missed my booking as my boss was a nonce and sent me to wales for the day. fingers crossed scp can get me in moro or friday

lol, wt a bad news

i hv bought myself a backbox and the middle cat, so i hope i can get my exhaust done around 100 pounds given that i provide most of the parts

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links