Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Asap!

BigDougz

I have a 1998 1.6 16V corolla ......i put a new Battery in today as the old one was done....... she started ok and is charging 100% but my problrm is when i turn on the lights for a wile , when the cars running and i turn it off, the Battery goes kinda dead and the car wont start as its not turning over fast enough..... but leave it f$or a will and it starts again...i was thinking the starter could be ceased abit or there is sometinh draining the Battery ... help please it only my new car...

check the Battery terminals with the engine running,

it should be showing at least 14 volts. if not then the alternator is on its way out.

Check Battery connections,any underbonnet earth connections,alternator drive belt isn't slack or perished.Also,check it isn't a ignition switch fault.Does the engine turn over or do you just get a click from the starter solenoid?

Check battery connections,any underbonnet earth connections,alternator drive belt isn't slack or perished.Also,check it isn't a ignition switch fault.Does the engine turn over or do you just get a click from the starter solenoid?

checked all them she...turns over wile slow but leave it for a wile and she will start